The Annual Pen Pal Project

REDSHIRE COLLEGE YEAR 10 DAILY NOTICES

Mr Haines’ English class – please remember to pick a name from the box on the table from the table outside the English staffroom. They will be your pen pal for the Redshire College – Huntington High Annual Pen Pal Project. Thank you – Mr Haines

The following students must return their overdue library books by tomorrow or be faced with a fine of $2 per book, per day. Thank you – the librarian

Adachi, Hana

Gregory, Matthew

Tyler, Deborah

NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL -Welcome back from the summer holidays, students. I trust you have returned eager for the forthcoming academic year and will be punctual to all classes including study periods and PE classes.

This year is the first year of the Redshire College – Huntington High School Annual Pen Pal Project and I encourage all participating students to create strong bonds with the students of the local government high school. The principal and head English teacher of Huntington High has kindly accepted our proposal of this project and I have a firm belief in the maturity of our participating students in this new endeavour in learning.

Have a great year students!

END REDSHIRE COLLEGE YEAR 10 DAILY NOTICES

Debbie pulls a piece of paper out of the box: Evelyn Winters

Hi Evelyn Winters,

My name is Deborah M. Tyler, but most people call me Debbie. Did you get pulled into this project too? Was it by volunteer or conscription that you got roped into this? I think I was conscripted, but I would have volunteered anyway. It sounded like fun. Though, when I think about it, it’s the type of thing a lot of people would find boring. I mean, it sort of sounds lame. ‘The Annual Pen Pal Project’ what do you think?

So I guess in the first letter I’m supposed to introduce myself? Okay, well I mentioned my name already, I’m in year 10 this year. I go to Redshire College, obviously. I am 16 this year. Fifteen at the moment, I have two more months to wait and then I’ll be 16. My favourite subjects at school are Science and English. Unlike every other kid here, I ride a bike to and from school. A lot of other people are driven to school, or they drive themselves. I like to think that I am indie, but actually my mum won’t buy me a car and I don’t have a driver. It would be cool to have one though, wouldn’t it?

Most of the time when I ride my bike to school, I ride around people from your school. What’s Huntington like anyway? We get all sorts of rumours here. You know, like you have lots of gangs and punch-ups and taggers in your school. I’m pretty sure it’s not actually like that though, right? It’s just like our school? But you get to wear that awesome blue and green uniform where as we are stuck with this grey and red piece of muck with the Redshire emblem stuck on the plain red blazer. I like yours a lot better.

Do you have a best friend? I don’t really think I do, but I have a couple of really great friends. Esther is on exchange in England at the moment, but my other friend, Rachel, she’s still in the country. As good friends we are, we had a bit of an argument a month ago and that’s when all three of us went from extremely close, to little further apart than we used to be. I really want us to go back, but it was a really awkward situation and now it is a little uncomfortable to talk about it. Esther was affected by it too and she wasn’t even in the country at the time.

I think I’m actually starting to bore you right now. You probably won’t reply to this right? Because this project is honestly that little bit lame and I’m sure I’m not the most interesting pen pal you could have.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to it =)

Debbie.

Note in Debbie’s locker

Deb! I hope you see this before 3pm. Listen, I’m in detention. I know, it’s only the first day, but I couldn’t help it. Matt was being a jerk so I hit him. In the balls, I actually feel sorry for the guy. Anyway a teacher saw it happen and now I’m here. Can you head off to my house first, and tell my mum that I had to return some books to the library or something, tell her I’ll be back soon. Take your time getting to my house. Ride around the block a few times or something. It’s only a half hour detention so I won’t be too long.

Love ya! Xx Rach

DEBBIE!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! ON YOUR BEDROOM DOOR!!! YES, YOU SEE THIS NOTE HERE? GOOD YOU ARE LOOKING AT IT NOW. I’M GOING OUT FOR THE WHOLE AFTERNOON TODAY, COOK DINNER YOURSELF. I CHOPPED ALL THE VEGETABLES FOR YOU SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WHACK ‘EM IN THE FRY PAN WITH A BIT OF OIL AND THE SAUCE AND YOUR DINNER IS READY. MICROWAVE SOME RICE TO GO WITH IT. IF YOU MANAGE TO BURN THE VEGETABLES, PLEASE PUT OUT THE FLAMES WITH THE JUG OF WATER IN THE FRIDGE AND EAT THE EASYMAC FOR DINNER INSTEAD.

LOVE YOU!

MUM

Mum!

I got your note. I’ll eat dinner at Rachel’s. Rachel’s mum is making lasagne. I think that it will taste better than burnt veggies and rice. If I’m not home when you get back, I’m at Rachel’s. I’ll be back soon.

Love you!

Deb

Text from Matt Gregory to Debbie

Get your woman in line. Rach friggin’ kicked me for no reason. Get the bitch in line. please.

Text from Debbie to Matt

Hi Matt Gregory, yeah my holidays were fine, thanks. I guess you had a downer at the end of yours. That’s a bit of a worry. You were meant to have returned ‘eager for the forthcoming academic year’. I’ll let Rach know you love her too. ;)

Text from Matt to Debbie

Ha.