36

Rose

Friday night, I'm getting ready. Me, Zoe and Sasha are going out to celebrate my engagement.

I apply red lipstick and spritz on perfume. Tonight, I've decided to wear leather pants and a black crop top that shows off me belly button piercing.

Zoe texts me that she's here and I examine myself one last time before grabbing my bag and leaving the room. I find Jordan in the living room, playing a game.

"Okay, I'm gonna go now. Zoe and Sasha are here," I tell him.

"Mmm okay, baby," Jordan says, eyes never leaving the screen.

I look at him, annoyed that he's not paying any attention to me. "You know, I've been having second thoughts. I don't think I want to marry you anymore," I say, crossing my arms across my chest.

"That's nice, baby," Jordan says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm cheating on you," I tell him, but still, he doesn't say anything. I huff and grab his chin and make him look at me. "Did you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, sweetheart," Jordan says. "And I know that you're not cheating on me." He pecks my lips softly.

"Oh, really?" I ask, arching my eyebrow. "And how do you know that?"

"Because there's no way you could do that," he answers. "You know that I love you. You'd never hurt me. And I'd never hurt you."

I grin and kiss him again. "I'll see you later, okay?" I start to walk away and feel him smack my ass. I giggle.

"If you need me, text me, okay?" I hear Jordan call out to me.

"Will do," I shout back.

Abel

When I arrived at the club, the first thing I saw was Rose in the middle of the dancefloor, dancing sexily with two other girls. She's still dancing.

I take the time to enjoy the view. My eyes trail down her body and I watch as she throws her head back, laughing. She looks so happy and care free. I smile and continue to watch, as I take a sip out of my hennessy.

When Rose starts to walk away from the crowd to the bathroom, I quickly get up and follow her.

"Hey, again," I say into her ear and she jumps out of her skin. I hold back my laughter.

"Abel? What the hell! Don't do that!" she scolds. "You scared the crap out of me!"

I just grin and stare at her, which I can tell is making her feel uncomfortable. But how can I not stare? She looks sexy as hell, especially with that red lipstick on. And is that a belly button piercing? Hot.

Rose tucks her hair behind her ear and my eyes fall on something that glistens in the lights. It's a ring. On that finger.

"You weren't wearing that the other day,," I say, eyeing the ring bitterly.

"Oh, um," Rose starts to say. "Jordan asked me to marry him."

I feel my mouth go dry and my breath catches in my throat. She's actually getting married - I've lost her completely. I'm never gonna be able to get her back. If I want to win her back, I have to make sure I do it now, otherwise I'll regret it for the rest of my life. "When?" I ask now, trying to shake the thoughts away.

"Sunday," she answers.

I nod. "Oh," is all I can say. I need another drink. "Looks like I won't be able to fuck you." I mutter the last bit but she hears me and her eyes grow wide.

"Abel," Rose says, shaking her head. "Even if I wasn't engaged or with Jordan, I don't think I would've let you."

I laugh. "You and I both know that's not true," I state. "You wouldn't be able to resist me. The same way I can't seem to resist you." I lean in closer and she sucks in her breath. "I've never wanted someone as much as I want you, Rose. Don't marry him."

"But I love him," she whispers.

"You love me," I correct.

"I loved you, Abel and I love, Jordan. That's the difference," Rose says. "There's nothing you can do to change my mind."

"I'm sure there's plenty that I can do," I tell her. I pause before speaking again. "Come home with me tonight." I know I'm pushing it a little bit, but do I give a shit? Nope.

"And do what?" Rose asks now,  raising her eyebrows.

"Whatever you like," I answer.

"I don't want to do anything."

"I don't believe you."

"You should."

"But I don't," I say. "Come on, leave with me and I'll show you just exactly what you're missing." I look down at my dick and she follows my gaze.

Rose shakes her head. She tries to hide her smile, but it doesn't work. The dimples appear and I kind of . . . melt? at the sight of her. "No thanks," she says. "I've got a man back home. He can satisfy my . . . needs."

I bite my lip, feeling pissed off that this guy can touch and do whatever he likes with what used to be mine. "I bet he doesn't fuck you as good as what I did." I say now and the smile freezes on Rose's lips.

She shakes her head for what seems to be the hundredtth time. She looks over to the side. "Looks like you've got an admirer," she tells me and I follow her gaze to a dark haired woman staring at me. "Maybe you should go talk to her." I look at Rose and squint to see if she's being serious or not. "After all, different girl every week, right?" she adds.

I laugh at the fact that she actually remembered I said that. "You know I was actually joking, right?" I ask. "I mean there's been a couple of girls, but not a different girl every week." Rose just stares at me, unhunoured.

"You should go talk to her," she repeats. "Maybe she can give you what your horny ass wants. She's clearly interested."

"But I'm not," I say. "I only have eyes for one particular girl here." I wigglemy eyebrows and run my tongue along my lip.

"Abel," Rose groans. "Please, stop. I'm getting married. I'm claimed by someone."

"And again, do I give a fuckety fuck?" I say, tapping my chin. Actually, I do care that she's 'claimed' by someone, but I'm not gonna tell her that, am I? Because very soon, that's all gonna change. I lift her chin up and look her in the eye. "You're gonna be mine again. Just watch." She says something, but I ignore her and walk away, whistling.