15

Rose

A couple of hours later, the doorbell rings. It's probably Abel. I ignore it because I'm too lazy to go downstairs. The doorbell rings again. And then again. And again. The sound starts to give me a headache.

"For God's sake!" I snap. I stomp downstairs. I open the door and Abel stands there looking as pissed as I am. "What do you want?" I ask him angrily. "You didn't have to ring so many times. You probably broke the doorbell!"

"Oh I just thought you liked the sound of the doorbell ringing," Abel replies back sarcastically.

I roll my eyes. "What if my mum was home?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"I knew she wasn't," Abel tells me. "I checked to see if her car was in the driveway."

"Oh," I say dumbly. Abel tries to step in the house, but I push his firm chest. I let my hand stay there for a minute before quickly pulling it away. I'm still mad at him.

"Come on, Rose!" he protests. "Let me in!" Again, he tries to step inside but I push him back out. Getting annoyed, he lightly pushes me inside and closes the door. "You're so stubborn."

I ignore him and walk into the living room. "And you're a liar," I tell him pointedly. "Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?"

"Again, she's not my girlfriend," Abel replies.

"Oh, so you're calling me deaf now?" I retort. "She specifically said she's your girlfriend!"

Abel sighs. "She's my ex-girlfriend," he tells me. "I finished things with her months ago. She came to see me today. Just turned up without telling me - I don't even know how she got my address! She said she wants to get back together with me, but I don't want her. I keep telling her that, but she doesn't listen. She's delusional."

I feel a smirk playing across my lips. "Definitely delusional," I say.

Abel walks towards me and wraps his arms around my waist. "So you're not mad at me?" he questions. He gives me a puppy dog look.

I sigh and pry Abel's hands off my waist. He frowns. "I won't be mad if you get rid of her," I tell him, looking him in the eye.

"But she doesn't listen," Abel starts to say.

"Well, make her," I shrug. He tries to grab my hands but I fold them across my chest. "Otherwise, from then on, you can't touch me."

Abel's mouth drops open and his eyes grow wide. I almost laugh at his reaction. "And how am I going to do that?" he wants to know.

"Gee, well, I don't know, buddy. Looks like you gotta figure that out all on your own," I pat him on the shoulder. Abel grabs my hand and throws me over his shoulder. "Abel!" I shriek. "Abel! Put me down!" He doesn't let go though. He just walks over to the sofa. "Abel! I can't breathe! Put me down!" I start to fake that I'm having some kind of breathing issues.

"Shit!" Abel says. He places me gently down on the sofa and takes my head in his hands. "You okay?" He looks at me seriously, concern all over his face.

I start to laugh and he looks at me, confused. "Well, at least you fell for it," I say and get up.

"You were faking it?" Abel asks and I shrug. "Don't do shit like that, Rose!"

I roll my eyes. "Cant say that I won't," I say pointedly. "You know the way out, right?" I leave him in the living room. Just when I'm about to go upstairs, I feel his hands grab me and push me against the wall. I try to wriggle out of his grasp, but his grip is too strong. I give up in the end and just stare him in the eye.

He leans in closer to my face. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop rolling your eyes?" he asks in a quiet voice.

I look from his eyes to his lips. "As many times as it takes to get it through my head," I reply. I tilt my head. "Why? Does me rolling my eyes turn you on?"

Abel smiles and bites his lip. "Only because I think of the other ways I can make them roll," he says and I feel a shiver run down my body. He traces his finger along my cheeks, then my lips, then my neck. It feels good. Really good. I want nothing more than him to run his hands all over my body.

"You're disgusting," I whisper, but a grin is plastered on my face.

He drops his finger away from my neck and smiles. "I know," Abel says. "But you love it."