Chapter 9

Today I was finally at work, Angelo's mom is watching Elizabeth while we work.  I hated leaving her but I'm so happy to get back to work with my kids.

It was reading time when the fire alarm went off, I grabbed my bag and attendance and the kids had their jackets because their line order was the same as the names on the walls.

We walked outside an SUV sped out of the parking lot the other way. 

So maybe this wasn't a drill, I automatically thought of Angelo's enemies.  Maybe this was one of them.

"Miss Moss, my zipper is stuck!" I turned towards Mary and zippered her coat, after all the teachers took attendance we let the kids play in the playground since it was farthest from the school, we heard sirens then BOOM!!!

I felt my body being thrown from the explosion.  But I caught my balance quick, L.J. ran over to me but I picked him up and walked away so he wasn't so close.

"Does this mean no more school auntie?"

"I guess so buddy."

I called Lorenzo and told him L.J. and I would be spending the day together since they sent us all home.

We went to the movies and did a little shopping and now we were in Costco getting food. 

"Auntie Ari?"

"Yes honey"

"Can I call you mommy? I don't have a mommy"

"Yes, you can if it's okay with your dad"

"He said I had to ask you."

"Oh well then yes!"

 "Okay yay!!"

While we were shopping I got some school books for Lorenzo, the principle said we won't have school for the rest of the year.  It's only a daycare center that has pre-k so all the grades are not mandatory to have day cares and preschools accept kids anywhere no problem.

But with books I can continue to teach him and give him work to improve himself for kindergarden next year.

When we got home we took the food into the kitchen and the second I turned around Angelo picked me up.

"I'm so glad you're okay, amore"

"We were the first class out."

"I know but I'm just glad you two are home.  I didn't know if they had you cleaning up or answering questions or what."

"Was it another gang?"  I whispered

"Yeah, but it was a litttle one they are already taken care of."

I nodded then Lorenzo walked in

"Hey guys!"

"Daddy! Auntie Ari said I can call her mommy."

Angelo kissed my forehead

"mmm mommy" he whispered

"Shut Up" I hit his arm

"Thanks Ari"

"You should stop thanking me"

"I actually think Angelo and I should be thanking you more than we already are.  You're a mother to both of our kids and you and Angelo have been dating for what five months.  You make dinner everynight and you take care of the kids and you've adapted to the life of a mob wife."

"Yeah, but that's what you do for love right?"

"Right." Angelo said kissing me quickly