*****

"Will you quit it with all those pictures?" Beth questioned, irritated that I'd stopped to photograph one of the buildings again.

"I want to show Cade what the University looks like," I responded, clicking on the camera button once more.

"But you already took so many," my friend continued to whine.

"Not my fault the architecture is so diverse," I kept on fighting for my cause, taking a picture of a dark wooden door with a leaf pattern carved onto it. A passerby shook his head at me and his female companion gave me a sneer but I kept on with my occupation. "Some of these buildings were built centuries ago while others are just decades old. There is such a clash of styles here, of classical and new-age, that Caden won't be able to resists drawing it." Another click and a photo of the statue of Jacob Aberville, founder and first mayor of the town of Aberville, was saved onto my phone's memory card. "Besides, Beth, it was you who was agape with the University this morning."

"It is one thing to say that this place is astonishing. It's a whole different matter to take pictures of every single door, window, statue, fountain..."

"Okay, okay! I get it," I cut her off, putting my mobile in my pocket.

"You know, Alice, Caden can just look at the University website; there are plenty of photos there," Asher suggested wisely. "I mean, he could..."

"I am going to murder him!" His girlfriend growled suddenly, taking Ash and I aback.

"What are you," I started but Bethany rushed forward. We followed behind her and it took us less than a minute to realize what had gotten her so peeved; Skyler was not far by, giving one of the blonde girls from our apartment building his signature boyishly flirtatious smile. Before we reached them, the girl swiftly slipped her hand into his shirt's pocket and left.

"What was that all about?" Beth inquired of her twin but didn't give him time to respond. "Didn't we agree that you and Keegan are going to stay away from Jinnee, Jenny, July or whatever their names were?" Sky opened his mouth to respond but his sister wasn't done yet. "Because I'm not letting you hide into our apartment if these girls go stalker on you."

"Calm down, Beth; it's all under control," her twin finally managed to butt in. "First – their names are Jennie and Jodie; second – Jennie was just giving me their phone numbers in case... in case..."

"In case?"

"In case Kee and I needed a cup of sugar," Sky concluded.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure it's some sugar that you want from them, bro," Beth kept on glaring at him.

"Look, sis, maybe I'm changing," the boy said through a sigh. "I see how happy you and Ash are and how you are always there for each other and how you help each other out. The same goes for Alice and Cade as well; even if one of them is in a bad mood, the other shows up, kisses them and a smile magically appears on both their faces. Maybe I just want that now; maybe I want someone to look at me with the same adoration and as if I'm the most important person in the world."

"Oh," his sister mouthed, visibly calmed. She grasped his hand and squeezed it lightly. "Oh, Sky, I didn't know you felt that way. I mean, I get that you'd want someone beside you, especially now that Alice and I can no longer babysit you, but I never imagined..."

Her brother's laughter interrupted her gentle reassurance, making her expression go from motherly to the face of an infuriated harpy in an instant.

"You!" She slapped him with her handbag but that did not make the boy quit his laughing. "You little cheek! You lied to me, didn't you?" She smacked him again. How did the boy not cry out with all the books his sister was carrying was beyond my understanding; I was pretty sure that bag would leave some bruises. "You only said all those things about wanting commitment so that I won't bicker at you."