Chapter 139

Lexa's POV

The woman leads us through the village, taking the long way so we can take in some of the sights. The town is busy, which is not surprising. Sankru is a popular traveling destination since it rarely gets very cold. The markets are full of people, almost as busy as the Floukru city or Polis, and I make a mental note to look through their wares later. Perhaps I can find something to help build our rings that Octavia and Raven say I need.

We make our way towards the center of the town. I can tell because the crowd gets thicker, though they always make way when they see Clarke or I, and I can hear delighted children screaming and splashing. We must be getting close to the pool of water.

The woman leads us to a large house that is only a row of other houses that are smaller away from the water. She opens up the door using a key and I am surprised she even knows which one to use, seeing as the key ring it is on has so many others. She steps inside and holds the door for us.

"This is where you will be staying. There are five bedrooms, two larger ones on the second floor and three smaller ones on the first floor. You can decide who gets which room. Upstairs there is also a balcony for both bedrooms to share that overlooks the water. This place should be fully stocked, but let me or anyone at the town center know if you need anything else."

"Mochof (thank you)." I say.

"There is a book on the table in the kitchen about this city and what there is to do, as well as some rules. If something is not clear or if you have questions, ask someone at the center. Do you have any questions now or should I let you get settled?"

I look around but everyone seems more tired than anything else. "No, we do not have any questions."

The woman nods and hands me four keys to the house. She bows lowly to me before leaving the house.

"Who would like a key to the house?" I question.

"Lincoln can take one. Ryder, Lincoln, and I are usually together so the three if us only need one." Nix says.

"I want one!" Raven puts out her hand.

I raise an eyebrow to her and hand one to Octavia instead, making Raven pout at me. "You two are usually together. And out of the two of you, Octavia is more mature. I would not be surprised if you melted down a key to make a new part for a bomb."

Raven nods. "That's fair."

There are two left so I hand one to Clarke and keep the other.

"Does anyone want to check out the water?" Octavia asks.

I shake my head. "It is late and I am still tired. I am planning on having dinner and then going to bed. We can always 'check it out' tomorrow after breakfast."

"That's a better idea." Octavia admits. "And I'm not surprised that you're still tired, it sounded like Clarke had a lot of fun with you last night."

Clarke and I blush while Lincoln sighs. "I am going to start on dinner. Ryder?"

Ryder follows him to where the kitchen must be eagerly, probably more than happy to not hear any more about his Heda's sex life. Between Octavia and Raven and being near Clarke and I while we make love, he probably knows a lot more than he ever wanted to know.

"Let's put our stuff in our room." Clarke says.

I nod and we start to head for the stairs only to be passed by Octavia and Raven. I roll my eyes with a fond smile playing at my lips, knowing that they probably want to choose their bedroom. Clarke sighs beside me as we head up the stairs hand in hand.

There's just a hallway with three doors. Two across from each other and one at the end of the hallway. I would bet it leads to the balcony.

We exchange a look when we realize that both doors are closed and we cannot hear anyone through the doors. So either Octavia and Raven are being quiet (unlikely) or the rooms are soundproof (way more likely). We have a fifty-fifty chance of walking in on them doing something. Even though they got up here less than five minutes before us, it would not surprise me if they are already shirtless.

I take a breath and let it out, opening one door and hesitantly looking in. Octavia and Raven are making out on a big bed, thankfully fully clothed.

"Taken!" Raven calls out and with her lips no longer on her girlfriend's, Octavia starts planting kisses on her neck.

I avert my eyes to a spot just above them and clear my throat awkwardly. "Just remember that dinner will be done soon."

Raven nods and flaps a hand at us dismissively as she resumes making out with Octavia. I close the door, my face red. Clarke giggles next to me, having seen everything.

She kisses my cheek. "Come on, babe. Let's go to our bedroom and get settled."

Clarke leads me to the other door and opens it. The bedroom is magnificent, just as I expected from Sankru. There are paintings on the walls, some of the desert and some of the mountains.

"They're beautiful." Clarke breathes out, looking at one painting in particular.

It depicts the mountains and the sun setting behind them. It is beautiful and lifelike, it feels as though I could step into that painting and have it be real. It almost seems like a photograph, but...

"You could paint it better." I remark, making Clarke give me an incredulous look. I smile and kiss her hand. "You could, ai hodnes (my love). Your talent surpasses anyone's."

Now Clarke is the one who is blushing, still seeming like she does not believe what I am saying. So I elaborate, reminding her of the beautiful sketches and paintings she has done. Clarke gets teary-eyed and ends up kissing me to stop me from continuing to ramble about her unmatched brilliance.

Awww... Next chapter, swimming! Oh, and the proposal is coming sooner than I thought ;) I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I originally planned on Lexa proposing in Trikru. Then today, I thought about the place that I planned on her proposing at and realized that it's not in Trikru.. So it's coming up! There's this clan, the next clan, the next clan. And the one after that is the clan where Lexa proposes. Which seems far, but it's a lot closer than waiting until the end of their travels! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!