Chapter 85

Clarke's POV          (The one where Clarke is smooth af and paints)

It will take a few hours of painting for me to be satisfied with it, and I keep worrying about Lexa being bored.

"Are you sure you don't want to grab something from the house? Like a book or something?" I ask.

"I am fine, Clarke." Lexa responds, amusement in her voice. "I love watching you paint."

I turn and look into her eyes to make sure she's not just saying what I want to hear. There's a softness in her gaze that tells me she means it.

"Alright, but let me know if you get bored."

"I will. But I never get bored when I am with you." She murmurs, looking at me with a loving expression.

I break out into a big smile that makes her grin too. "You adorable nerd. That was so cute."

I tap her nose, taking care not to hit her accidentally with anything paint covered, but she still gets a light blue smudge on her nose. I set down my paintbrush and pallet.

"Did you get something on my nose, Clarke?" Lexa asks, luckily not seeming to mind.

"Yeah, sorry. You look really cute with it, but I'll wipe it off."

I take a rag, something I can't believe Lexa remembered to get. She's so thoughtful. I use rags to wipe paint off of my skin because it really does get everywhere. I pour a bit of water from the bottle I brought onto a small area of the rag. This paint is nice because before it dries, it can be taken off easily with water. I gently dab at her nose, kissing it when I get every bit of paint off.

"Mochof (thank you), Clarke." Lexa says.

"Pro (you're welcome). Hey, Lexa." I say, grinning. I just thought of a Raven and Octavia like pick up line that I think she'll love.

"Yes?"

"All of this paint but the most beautiful work of art I've ever seen is you." Hopefully that came out as nicely as it went in my head, but probably not.

Lexa rests her hands on my waist and kisses me gently, our smiles growing too big until we're just bumping teeth. We pull back and rest our foreheads against each other.

Lexa looks at me with adoring eyes. "You are magnificent, Clarke Griffin."

I melt at her words, falling for her harder than ever. It's not as scary as it used to be because I know she's falling too, and we'll catch each other and never let go. Wow, we're sappy today. I love it.

"Just so you know, you are definitely getting laid tonight." I murmur. By being with me and being near Octavia and Raven, she certainly knows what I mean.

I kiss her deeply, feeling her gasp of surprise against my mouth, before turning back to my painting. I want to get this done today, and I know she respects that. I pick up my pallet and paintbrush. She presses against my back, wrapping her arms loosely around my waist so I can move around to paint. Lexa kisses where my shoulder meets my neck and then rests her chin on my shoulder.

I relax against her, mixing a small blob of black with the blue. The crystals are a beautiful deep blue color, a difficult color to make. It would be easy to accidentally create navy or midnight blue by adding too much black. To try to minimize the chance of that from happening, I mix in small bits of black at a time. It works better than I hoped, and I cry out in triumph when I get the perfect color. Lexa peeks down and grins, which I can feel against me, kissing my cheek.

I use the color to fill in the crystals, leaving a little bit of space so I can tell where one begins and another ends. I've left some space around the crystals to show the glow, which will probably be one of the last things I do.

Lexa acts like my personal cheerleader, praising me and telling me something she loves about watching me paint every once in a while. She says things like "I love how you scrunch up your nose when you are painting small details", "did you know you stick out your tongue when you mix colors? It is adorable, Clarke", and my personal favorite "you must be a goddess, Clarke. That would explain both your incredible beauty and your awe inspiring talents."

I go slowly on the crystals, glad that Lexa got paint that doesn't dry fast. I mix a little bit of white here, some black there, adding some shadows and the glow. After I think I'm close to finishing, I look over every inch of the painting, correcting small details and adding in some final touches.

Lexa lets out a breath when I set down my paintbrush (which I seriously love, Lexa got a few amazing ones like this tiny one that has only a few bristles and is really good for thin lines and tiny details).

"It is beautiful, ai hodnes (my love)." Lexa cocks her head slightly, and I try not to squirm as the movement tickles me. "Is that a shadow on the floor of the cave?"

"Yeah, um. It's your shadow, actually." I respond nervously.

"I love it." Lexa says earnestly.

"Thank you."

It's the shadow of her with her armor and shoulder guard on, I even included the shadow of the red cloth handing from it. If you look close enough, I also added the details of her braids on the edges of her hair.

"Do you think Ora will want it?" I ask.

"Probably. Though I think it would look great if I hung it up in the throne room or our room." Lexa muses.

"You want to hang it up in the throne room?" I ask, surprised. I know it's pretty good, but I didn't expect her to like it that much.

"Sha. Oh! That would work out well! If you make a painting of every clan, it would show off the beauty of our world."

I turn around in her arms and kiss her. I love her and that brilliant mind of hers. "That sounds wonderful."

Aww. They're such cute nerds! I've never actually written out someone painting, so let me know if you like it! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!