Chapter 33

Clarke's POV

"Now what's on your mind?"

Raven shakes her head, looking down so her hair falls around her and shields her face. "Nothing."

"We both know that's not true. What's bothering you?"

Raven glances up at me, vulnerability in her eyes. It seems so much like a Lexa thing that it takes my breath away.

"It's Octavia." Raven murmurs, so quietly I almost don't hear her. "We've been getting closer lately and I just... I don't know." She lets out a breath.

I move one of the chairs so I can sit facing her. Lexa walks over to stand by my side. She won't admit it, but I know Lexa's worried about our friend too.

"What exactly is troubling you about Octavia? Is she hurt? Or ill?" Lexa questions in a soft tone.

"No, no she's fine as far as I know. It's just... I like her. More than I ever liked Finn. Or anyone, really."

"What's so bad about that?" I question.

"It's terrifying. I've never felt anything like this before. She only recently broke up with Lincoln and I don't want to burden her with my feelings."

"Raven." My tone makes her look up at me from where she was studying her boots. "You are not a burden. Have you noticed her grieving for her lost relationship?"

"Uh, not really but that could just be because they're still best friends." Raven speaks like this is something she's told herself many times.

"They are best friends. Lincoln has always been a respectful man and will understand if you start dating." Lexa assures her, making me grin at her.

"She doesn't like me like that."

"How do you know?" Lexa asks.

Raven just shakes her head, "I just know."

"Then you do not know." Lexa says gently. "Speak to her. You do not have to confess your feelings until you are ready and comfortable doing so. Holding your feelings back does nothing but cause tension and stress."

Raven lets out a breath. "When did the Commander become a love guru?" She jokes, but then turns serious. "Thank you both. I'll... I'll talk to her. I'm not ready to tell her how I feel just yet. I'll go find her."

Raven gets up and Lexa stops her from moving for a second. "Dinner will be in approximately one hour. Talk to a guard and they should lead you to where it is."

"Alright. I'll see you guys then. Don't be too loud while I'm trying to talk to my best friend, okay?" Raven winks before turning and striding out, limping less than when she came in. I'm glad the medicine has helped.

I stand, so close to Lexa that our breaths intermix. I feel the embers frustration that's been clawing at me all day ignite.

"What could we do for an hour?" I practically purr.

Lexa takes a step back, reluctance in her expression. "We cannot do that now, Clarke. As much as I wish we could, we need to make preparations for when the other clans arrive."

"Do we have to do it now?" I grumble, hoping she'll say no.

"Sadly, yes ai hodness (my love). I promise, right after dinner we can go to bed. Until then, we have work to do."

"Fine." I sigh. "What do we have to do?"

"We must make sure the rooms are prepared and ready for their arrival. They should all be arriving tomorrow. These are not the ambassadors, I have called for the clan leaders to gather. They take offense when their room is not up to their standards."

"They do? Seriously? A room can offend them?"

"Yes. If it does not fit their culture and beliefs, it is considered an insult from me. Come with me, you will have to learn the different cultures."

Lexa spends the next hour talking about the twelve clans and their different cultures while checking their rooms. It's so much information at once that it makes my head spin. Finally, Lexa looks outside and realizes we are a few minutes late to dinner.

Lexa takes my hand and leads me around. I frown, having gotten lost after the third turn and the second staircase. This place is a huge maze. When we finally arrive at what I think must be the dining room, the guards open the door for us, allowing us to have our dramatic entrance. Everyone stands and bows their heads to Lexa. She waves her hand and they all sit down again.

Our spots are near Octavia and Raven with Lexa at the head of the table and me next to her. Titus is across from me, giving me death glares when he thinks Lexa isn't looking. Octavia is next to him, giving unsubtle heart eyes to Raven, only pausing to glare at Titus when he glares at me.

Dinner is quieter than I thought it'd be, with everyone eating their meals in relative silence. Other than Octavia, Raven, Titus, Lexa, and I, there's no one here I know but I assume they are ambassadors to the clans. I make a mental note to learn their names and what clans they belong to.

Once everyone is finished, Lexa stands and dismisses everyone with a few clipped words reminding them of the meeting tomorrow. Lexa and I are the last to leave but Octavia and Raven manage to walk out just ahead of us so we can talk.

"Hey. The clan meeting tomorrow will go good, right?" Octavia asks nervously. "Dinner felt pretty tense."

"They will accept Skai Kru." Lexa says, and it sounds like a promise. "The  ambassadors have not seen me on quite some time. I am sure they mean nothing by it."

"Alright, good. Now you two run off, the sexual tension between you two is getting to be unbearable." Octavia winks before taking Raven by the hand and marching off.

Raven looks at their entwined hands in awe but is focused enough to tease is as well. "Go get laid, just try to be quieter this time."

A blush colors my cheek and doesn't go away until Lexa tugs on my hand, ours still entwined as well. There's a silent question in her eyes and I smile at her, falling for her a bit more at her answering smile.

"Let's go to your room." I say, lifting her hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

Her smile grows at that, "It is our room, no matter where you decide to make your home."

"My home is with you." I respond honestly.

There's unshed tears in her eyes as she leans in and kisses me. It doesn't take long before we're both grinning too much for us to kiss properly. I pull back, taking in her still closed eyes and dazed but happy expression.

I can't resist giving her another peck before I whisper, "Race you." And I begin to run off in the direction I think her room is.

Her chuckling fades for a moment before she's caught up to me, jogging easily alongside me.

"You don't know where it is, hodness. Let me lead you."

I sigh and agree, slowing to a walk with her. We make our way through the winding hallways before she stops in front of a guarded double door.

The guards open the door and I rush to step in before Lexa, smirking back at her. "I win."

She lets out a playful growl and advances toward me, crashing our lips together.

I get lost in her, not noticing the door being hastily shut by the guards.

Hopefully this is an okay chapter, I'm sick (nothing serious my nose has just been running since yesterday morning). ...I did it ironic that the day I got sick Prince died. Of the flu. (It was sad news to get, he was a good man and made amazing music) Thank you all for reading and stay awesome!