Chapter 10

Clarke's POV

"That is a good idea." Lexa remarks. "Some of my people do not like that we are allies, and they may not accept the SkaiKru's acceptance into the Coalition at first. Despite leading our people against the Ice Queen and winning a war, some see SkaiKru as another group of Mountain Men. Traveling to the different clans with me may reassure them."

I expect as much. We're still relatively new here on the ground, and we have technology that the clans fear.

"We can ask the leaders of the clans if their people would like us to send someone to teach them how to use guns and technology."

"They may not like it, but I think they will agree. Perhaps sending a healer to teach our healers some of your techniques would be good as well."

"We don't have many doctors, but maybe we could spare one... Or I could teach them as we travel. I may not be an expert, but I did learn a bit from my mother."

"It may make our travels longer if you teach. I would like to make sure that is something you are okay with." Lexa's eyes are kind and understanding.

"It's fine with me. As long as you don't mind being stuck with Lincoln, Octavia and Raven for longer."

"They will be the most difficult part of this." Lexa gives me her small smile that always makes my heart melt. "And we will need to bring guards as well." I open my mouth to retort that we'll be fine. "That is not up for discussion, Clarke. We are leaders and targets to our enemies. We travel with guards. Your safety is more important."

I take a deep breath and nod, relenting. I know how she worries.

"Alright, Lexa."

"Mochof." She relaxes, her shoulders releasing tension.

"Let's go get some food. I don't want to make any more big decisions on an empty stomach."

I reach out and take Lexa's hand. I can see how that action makes her eyes light up.

We get food and thank the farmers and hunters. We sit side by side on a log, reminding me of the night we returned from killing the Ice Queen. That night she told me that she wanted my people to become part of the Coalition.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Octavia calls.

I look up at her, scowling at myself for automatically reacting to that.

"Hey, O. What's up?"

"Stop being so disgustingly in love and get your butts over here and enjoy time with your friends!" Not pausing for a breath, she takes our plates of food and stalks back over to where some of what's left of the 100 are sitting around a fire.

I sigh at her antics and get up, holding out my hand to Lexa. She takes it and stands. We walk over to them and take a seat right next to each other again. This time we're near a fire and the heat combats the cold winds that signals the start of winter is coming.

I raise an eyebrow at Octavia. "Can we have our food back now?"