Chapter 127

Clarke's POV

After Lexa and I finish telling people about how we defeated Nia, people start to head back to the other caves to sleep. By now, it's late and I think we will have to stay here tonight. Trying to head back to the Floukru city in the dark sounds difficult, especially with the high pointy rocks in the water and the fact that it's a high tide right now. It would be really hard to get out.

"We will start rebuilding as soon as possible." Sakai says to us.

We are all sitting at a table in the large cavern, finishing eating some food that some lovely people cooked for us.

"Let us know if you need anything and I will it send over." Luna responds.

"Mochof (thank you). About our new trading pact... It is difficult to get in here. Which for Pakstoka, was the point. However, I am thinking we can build a tunnel out of here so we can easily travel in and out without worrying about the tides and rocks."

"Good idea," Luna nods in approval. "Again, let me know if you need any help."

"I will. Would it be alright to send some people to your city after we finish rebuilding? We have many who would be happy to learn from masters of crafts or learn to fight."

"Of course." Luna responds.

I try to hold back my yawn and fail miserably. It has been a pretty long day full of fighting and I haven't slept as much as I would like. Lexa squeezes my hand and I know she must be even more tired than I am. She just beat one of her greatest enemies, that has to be emotionally draining.

Luna chuckles, "Perhaps we should let the others go to bed while we talk. Then we can head back tomorrow."

"Alright. You can take the room you rested in earlier. Can you find your way back without assistance?"

I nod, "Yeah. I remember where it is."

"Good. You can lead them there while Luna and I continue talking." Sakai says.

"Is there anything I should be present for?" Lexa asks.

"No," Luna waves her hand. "Go to bed with your houmon (spouse, wife)." She winks at her sister.

I snap out of my daze at her words. Houmon? I know what that word means and we aren't married. I don't even know the Grounder custom to propose.

"You are houmons?" Sakai questions, looking at us with surprise.

"No," Lexa answers. She's blushing just as hard as I must be right now. "Not yet," she murmurs under her breath so low that I cannot hear it.

"What, niron (loved one)?" I ask.

"I said we are girlfriends," Lexa says.

That sounds longer than what she said but I let it go, trusting that if it were important and she were ready to say it, she would tell me.

I lead everyone to the other cave. Octavia and Raven immediately flop on the nearest bed and they take Raven's brace off. She then starts snoring softly. Which her girlfriend finds adorable, if her sleepy "aww" is anything to go by.

Lexa and I help each other take off the bulkier, more uncomfortable parts of our armor. We set them on a table near a bed and then get under the covers. Lexa gets in first, and lays on her back with closed eyes. I snuggle up next to her and rest my head on her shoulder, carefully positioning myself so I don't touch any of the cuts or bruises on her.

Lexa hums in contentment and I get up on my elbow so I can lean up and kiss her. She kisses me softly, holding me like she thinks I could shatter in her arms. If it were anyone else, I would be offended but it's Lexa. I know she knows how strong I am.

Lexa breaks the kiss to let out a really cute yawn. I kiss her cheek and cuddle back up against her side. She smiles and kisses my forehead. We fall asleep quickly.

"Lexa, Clarke." A voice says. I grumble and stretch out my arm, trying to find them and push them away. "Come on, it's almost time to go." When Lexa and I don't move a muscle, the person sighs and continues. "Breakfast is ready."

That precise moment is when I smell the delicious scent of cooking meat. My body starts waking up and I open my eyes. Lexa's looking down at me with a fond expression. I yawn and stretch, then lean up to capture her lips with mine.

"Ew, guys. No making out on the bed." Raven says. "Now come on and eat your breakfast like normal people. It's in the other room and it smells amazing. So get up!"

Lexa and I get out of bed and we put our armor back on as quickly as we safely can. We follow Raven and Octavia to the main cavern, where there are scattered groups of people eating breakfast. My eyes find the others easily. Lincoln's large self sticks out like a sore thumb, especially when he's also next another big muscly guy like Ryder.

We head over to them and eat our breakfast in relative silence, only discussing where we will be heading next. I don't really take part in that conversation and instead lean against Lexa's side when I'm done eating. She wraps an arm around me and continues listening to the others talk about what they are excited to see or do.

We say our goodbyes and Nakai is hesitant to leave her sister once more.

"Once we build the tunnel, you can come whenever you would like. We are safe here, sis (sister). I will be okay." Sakai assures her.

"I know, I just worry." Nakai gives her a hug. "I will be back soon to help you rebuild, okay?"

"Mochof (thank you). Now go," Sakai urges her with a proud smile.

With that, Raven gets on Octavia's shoulders and we wade through the water back to the ship.

Someone commented last chapter that this book is getting long! I mean, it's chapter 127 and we have like 10 more clans to get to. So, I want to pose a question to you amazing humans. Do you want me to end this book soon and start another one? Or just keep it all in one book? I'm fine with either! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!!