2. You're Undead To Me

Start from the beginning

"I know. I taught him better than that."

"Ha ha. Very funny. Just so you know, I won't be home for dinner tonight."

"Oh, so you are actually going to do it? You're gonna go out with Logan," I teased.

"I'm going to show up and torture him, yes. Something you should try."

"What dating? Dating is just collecting information about someone until you realize you don't like them."

*****

"The sexy suds car wash is tomorrow. The football team and band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones that can pull off a bikini. I want in your face sexy. I mean, it's a fundraiser for god sake," Caroline rambled.

"Got it, Care. I'm going to go check in with Elena for a second." I ran off before she could have any objections. Caroline sure did know how to talk about things that wouldn't matter in a week, but I love her for that. Stressing over the smallest things.

"Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened," Elena said to Bonnie.

"She's in denial," Bonnie answered with certainty.

"How did you guys find out about the pound I gained?! I am not in denial about it, I just really need to stop eating cake!" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Not you. Caroline," Elena said.

"Hey." We all turned to find Stefan. Well, this day gets more interesting.

"Hey, uh, you know, I gotta go, uh, be somewhere right now," Bonnie said, walking away, dragging me with her.

"Well, I guess I gotta go too," I said. I stayed in earshot range, hoping to hear something about Damon. I don't know what it was, but I felt a connection towards him. I know, I know. It sounds cliche, but it was the truth. My ears perked up when Caroline asked where he was.

"He's gone, Caroline," Stefan answered.

"When's he coming back?" Caroline asked.

"He's not coming back. I'm sorry," Stefan replied and he walked over to me. Caroline's face turned into a frown, and I knew I should've gone to comfort her, but Stefan had me cornered. "Hey Emily, I wanted to give you something."

"What?" I asked, dumb founded.

"Well, I want us to be friends, so your sister will trust me a bit more. So I want to give you this bracelet."

"Oh, uh, thanks." He nodded his head and walked off. It really was beautiful. It was silver and had blue gems sparkling. The color reminded me of Damon's eyes. Oh, shut the hell up, Emily.

*****

We were back home, and Jeremy and myself were taking an attempt to cheer Elena up. "What's wrong?" Jeremy asked Elena from the doorway of her room.

"I'm miserable," She replied.

"Well, you should get something to eat. That always makes me feel better. I don't know a time when food wasn't my answer to my problem," I said, speaking the truth.

"And that's why you are in denial about that pound you gained," Elena said, patting my stomach.

"How dare you! Only I can speak of the pound. It will be gone before you know it!" I yelled at her retreating figure.