you

june 23rd, 2017

a time ago, i dreamt as the sun glazed my vague eyes, and i remember that my mind concocted up someone special, someone with brown eyes like his. and, at the time, i said that they had brown eyes because they reflected his.

but everyone's eyes are different in the slightest of ways, ways in which the difference is too small to be seen really. blue eyes and green eyes, they didn't feel right. so unique and rare at times, why did they not feel right?

brown eyes, they're plain and often dull, but his, they glowed. brown eyes, they're the most common, but what people love most are things that are common. brown eyes, they're beautiful because they glow like amber in the sunlight, like fireflies in distant summer nights, like happiness mixed in foggy streetlights.

brown eyes, they glaze over and can become faded, but faded eyes are rich in memories of life. they don't have to sparkle like the stars of the night sky. they glow in their own way, and i realize i love brown eyes and the way they glow because i dreamt then that someone with brown eyes would love me as i love them.

and that someone was you because you love me, and i love you as friends should too. i've never been told that my brown eyes were something different, something special in a beautiful way, that is, until i met you, you with your wonderful, glowing brown eyes.

people aren't always lucky, and, although i'm a bad luck charm, bringing disaster to all, meeting you was one of my most luckiest moments of all. and, when you smile, when you laugh, when you think pensively... your eyes, they say it all because they're common, and common things are simply beautiful in their own particular way.