said.

may 15th, 2017

it's my last day as a senior; it's also the day of my prom. but something else happened.

it's also the first day since four years ago that i got to see you in person; i got to see you and how real you are. i got to see you smile and laugh; i got to embrace you in my arms for the first time, and i feel smiles flood my mind and flowery vines grow from my insides. i got to see you, and, even when i found happiness by the sides of my friends as the night progressed, my smiles were brighter when i spoke about you.

and it's late at night now; i remember the kind things you said, and this bag before me holds so much more meaning than you could possibly ever know and dream of. to you, maybe it was a simple act, but, to me, it means so much more. no one has ever done this before.

i've taken off everything that made me look like someone else, and your compliments make me feel special in many ways. but, you did something else that made this day so much more special, this night so much more different than others.

you wrote me a letter, proclaiming things to me that you wanted me to know, and i felt my heart explode. like a volcano that can no longer bear its emotions, my heart could no longer hold in its joys, and my eyes wished that i could cry. your words, they mean so much more to me than you'll ever know.

"i'm still the same, it's just that when you are present in my life i have no real mask to put on, nobody to impress, but i certainly have all the reason to live."

i can feel the slow beating of my heart, and i find peace and joy at once because, to hear that with me you can be the you that you've always been, there's nothing as blessing as that to me in this moment. to know that i am as real to you as you are to me, it is something i feel so thankful for, and i know i can never regret meeting you for the real person you are because you were as real with me as i was with you, and that is a gift too precious and priceless according to my beliefs.

"time after time, i will say it again, but this time a little differently: whether we shoot for the stars or continue to grow as friends, i want to be by your side, until the very end."

and i want to be by your side forever. i want to see us reach for our stars and grow as friends. i want to see it all, and, no matter what comes our way, if you'll stay with me through it all and i with you, there is nothing more i want or need right now.

and i thank you.