Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It has been 1 hour after he left and I have been in my room the whole time.

Many questions are roaming in my head like,

Why does he hate me so much? Why did he kidnap me? Why is he so secretive? What was he doing that night in the ally? What did he mean by other people would have kidnapped me? Why did he almost kiss me?

I didn't know any of the answers to that but I know that I was going to find out sooner or later. I touch my lips and wonder about how it will feel like to have his lips one mine. The sound of a bird chirping outside making me snap out of my love struck daze.

I look down at myself and see that I am still wearing the same dress for two days ago. I haven't had a shower for two days and the side effects of that could be clearly seen. I feel so dirty. My coat is hanging on the hook by the door.

Suddenly my stomach growls loudly. I try to ignore the growl but it growls again. I sigh and get up. I try to step forward but I just fall on my bed with a thud. I stretch my legs waiting for the blood to flow throughout my body. Once I am sure I will not fall I get up this time carefully stretching my legs first to avoid falling down again.

I use the head of the bed as a support and slowly get up. Once I am up I stand in one place for some time until I am sure will not fall again. I walk slowly to the door and turn the knob, expecting it to be locked but surprisingly it is open.

I feel a sudden rush of excitement rush through me. I keep my head out first to see if any was around and luckily nobody was there. I quickly went to the kitchen to see it was quite modern compared to the living room and bedroom

I search through all the enormous cupboards to see if there was anything I liked. As I search I notice that almost all the cupboard are full.

How much do these people eat?

I didn't want them to know I was here so I take 2 slices of bread and quickly put some chocolate spread on it. I eat the bread and have a glass of water when I realize the house is very quiet. Too quiet for someone to be in the house. As if my life depended on it I run to the door as fast as I can.

Let me rephrase that my life did depend on it.

I try to open the door knob and surprisingly it opens without any difficulty.

Why did they kidnap me and take me hostage but left the door to outside open? Was this a trick? I look around to see if I can see cameras or anything that is suspicious, but I find nothing.

I exhale loudly and open outside I see 5 shirts spread across the front yard. All T-shirts are crumbled and spread across the field.

Weird, what could have been so important that they had to take out their T-shirts in a hurry?

'They could be playing volleyball and without shirts'

'On a winter's morning, make so much sense' I reply back.

I look up to the sky to see lots of birds flying in a circle. I look back down and look at my surroundings to see tall trees everywhere.

'We are in a forest,' I think to myself.

'No hey! We are in Los Angeles, surrounded by tall buildings. Of course we are in a freaking forest! Stupid human!'

'You don't have to be so mean and I am not stupid.'

'I'm not being mean I'm just stating the obvious unlike you!'

Why am I even thinking about this when Ace and the other boys could come back right now?

With that thought I run for my life. I keep on running straight. I didn't stop once. I feel a blast of energy rush through my veins. Just when I think I am out of their reach I heard a rustle of leaves.

I freeze.

Suddenly I turn around slowly to see a brown colour wolf with black eyes. It is no normal wolf. The wolf was almost as tall as me.

I slowly take step backwards my energy slowly turning into fear. I turn around and start running as fast as I could. But before I can go more than 3 more steps the wolf jumps and grabs my shirt making a hole in it. I scream loudly, not scared that Ace or any of his friends can hear me.

The wolf growls at me and advances towards me but just before something can happen another wolf jumped on the wolf. This time the wolf is a light brownish colour and it is as tall as me.

I feel arms wrap around my waist causing me to scream again. The person quickly puts his hand on my mouth causing sparks to fly. I immediately know who it is, because only one person can do that and that one person was Ace.

I stop screaming, to let him know that I am not going to scream again. He keeps his hand on my mouth till he is sure I will not scream again. He puts his arms under my knees and carries me bridal style back to the house.

I don't know why but in his arms I felt safe, like Home.

Something I haven't felt in a long time. Just thinking of it brought back memories.

Did Esme miss me?

Did she call the police?

Did anybody at the orphanage miss me?

I forget about all the things I am missing like complaining about how the weather today is making sweat like mad or gossip about what my maths teacher was wearing today.

I think about all the things I could be doing right now.

I feel hot tears pour down my face, which made me realize I am crying. I look up at Ace's eyes through my wet eyelashes and see sympathy in his eyes.

Who would have thought a guy like Ace would have some sympathy?

The sound of Ace's voice brings me back to reality.

"Shh princess nothing is going to happen to you. You are going to be alright."

Those simple words make me calm. It feels weird that the one simple word can make me feel completely calm.

Like a spell.

We walk the rest of the way to the house in silence. Occasionally he will whisper soothing words to calm me and he will wipe the tears that keep on following one after the other.

I know I am in deep trouble for trying to run away but I also realize something else.

My kidnapper saved me from the wolves.

How can such a dangerous person give you so much comfort?

He could have left me there and let the wolves eat me apart, limb by limb but he chose to risk his life for me.

Me? Out of all people.

Weird right?

Nobody would do that unless they cared for them. Ace couldn't care about me, could he?

'Stop talking nonsense' I told my inner voice.

Maybe he just saved me because he felt sorry for me. I'm right; he just risked his whole life to save a girl he felt sorry for. That's totally normal right?

'Sure,' my inner voice says to me.

'Why am I even talking to you? You are inside of me. I getting crazy am I not?'

'Time will tell, Ariel'

'It is Arielle!'

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Edited by lovetolive998

Remember to

Share

Vote

Comment

Follow

TTBMBFF