Chapter 32 ~ "Xav, stop trying to impale the girl."

Start from the beginning

Naturally, he wasn't ticklish at all, but when he retaliated by brushing his hand against my collarbone, I jumped while letting out a half-shriek-half-laugh thing that had Luke chortling again. When the husky sound reached my ears, nudging at my heart and settling itself in deep, I knew we could make it, because to be honest? I loved him.

If you couldn't already tell.

***

"Awwww, look at them," I heard someone coo loudly. It was Monday, and Seth and Marie had left with Theo and Carly yesterday. I missed Theo terribly, but even the fact that I would see him in a week wasn't too comforting, because it meant leaving Luke.

He'd come stay with me at my house so I wouldn't be lonely. I really didn't understand what I did to deserve him. I could live for a hundred years and never make it up to him for doing all he does.

Luke and I turned around to see his dopey friends walking towards us. "Hey guys," Luke greeted as they surrounded him, handing out bro-hugs and high-fives in a typical male fashion.

I sidled away before I choked on all that testosterone. Luke could come find me later.

"Wait, beautiful!" He grabbed my hand and tugged me back, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"What?" I asked, cocking my head.

"I just don't want you to leave me alone with these idiots, is all," he said cheekily, earning a few protests from his friends.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. Xavier suddenly appeared in front of me, his droopy eyes that reminded me of a puppy staring at me. I stepped back and raised my eyebrows. "Do you want something?"

"Luke told us that you're going to New York next week," he said, his already huge brown eyes widening some more.

I grimaced and Luke smiled apologetically. I didn't really want people to make such a big deal out of it. Of course, since I was Student Body President, that meant Yuki had to temporarily take over for me. "That's true," I said anyways.

Xavier pouted and ducked his head, poking me with his hair spikes. I leant back and glanced at Luke for help.

"Xav, stop trying to impale the girl," Joey said, rolling his eyes.

I let out a small laugh and touched one of Xavier's spikes. It was spikier than I expected and I stared at the black mass in surprise. How much gel was in there? It felt like rock.

He straightened and grinned goofily at me. "I'll miss you," he told me.

I looked at him, bewildered. I'd maybe spoken, what, a couple of sentences to him in the last four years? And all at the hands of Luke. "Okay," I mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

Luke chuckled from behind me, the hand on my waist tightening, pulling my back closer to his chest. I'd noticed over the weekend that he'd been doing little things like that. Little things that made sure we were always touching and not apart for long amounts of time.

He even refused to sleep in the guest bed, and would sneak into my room when I was asleep. I didn't really mind, to be honest, because I liked cuddling up to him.

Joey glanced at Will, who was staring expressionlessly at the ground. "C'mon William," he said in amusement. "Don't you have anything to say?"

I looked at him, intrigued. "You have something to say?" I asked.

Will glowered at the floor and his hands clenched into fists. "Shove it, Joey," he said. "I have nothing to say."