Chapter 14 ~ The bitch was right.

A/N: Please don't mind any mistakes or the shortness of the chapter :)

Chapter 14: The bitch was right.

Luke and I give each other exasperated glances. "Are you kidding me?" Luke groaned as we stared at the mess before us.

"Are we seriously the only ones sober?" I asked in annoyance, furrowing my eyebrows.

Together, we watched Molly, Mark, and their friends stumble around like headless chickens, alternating between giggling and complaining about a sore stomach.

"I suppose that answers it," I sighed. "What do we do? We can't just leave them here."

Luke grinned evilly. "Oh yes we can." He grabbed my hands and pulled quickly. "Come on, let's get out of here."

***

Eight Hours Previously:

"Danny, you have to come," Molly pleaded, following me around like a puppy.

I glanced at her over my shoulder as I walked through my house. "Who let you in?" I asked stiffly. I didn't want any company right now. Dad just had his most explosive argument yet with Mum only an hour ago, and I'd been locked in my room, forced to listen to them put each other down.

It was horrible. Despite what Dad may have thought of us kids, he loved Mum with his whole heart, and hearing him scream like that at her tore me apart. I couldn't even imagine what Mum was going through. An hour ago, Dad had left in a whirlwind of anger and Mum had followed soon after to cry to Rita.

Molly grinned mischievously. "Does it matter?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course it does."

She dangled my keys in front of my eyes and I felt my jeans' pocket. Of course, she'd stolen my keys. I snatched them from her hand and stuffed them in my bra.

"Now will you leave?" I asked politely.

She pouted and flopped down on the sofa. "Danny, don't use that tone on me! I'm your cousin!"

I shrugged. "What tone?" But I knew what she meant. She was talking about the detached voice I used whenever I shut somebody out, the tone that was so cold that no one could melt it. It always came up when I was stressed or upset.

She shot me an unamused look. "Look, Wolfe, you and Luke have helped Mark and I so much these past few months. You deserve a break."

I threw my hands in the air. "Molly, I'm relaxing at home, I don't need to go to some brothel to calm down!"

Molly looked affronted, which gratified me slightly. "I am not having my bachelorette party at a brothel!"

I narrowed my eyes at her persistence. I bet a hundred quid that this party would just end up with everyone drunk and me taking care of them. That was what happened when Marie was getting married to Seth. "What about Marie?" I asked, perking up when I realised I had an excuse.