Epilogue

a/n: short and sweet but i couldn't leave these babies without a proper ending because last chapter was just such a cliffhanger. i know there are amazing books with cliffhangers like that, where you can only assume what's going to happen next, but i'm not that kinda person lol i need to know my babies are good in their universe and i need y'all to know too!

Three Years Later:

"I think we're all set for this session," my therapist said with a cheerful grin on her face. "You're doing so good lately, Jordan, I'm very proud of you."

"Thank you, Doctor!" I said, feeling genuinely pleased at her words. We've been through a lot these past couple years, but it was worth it.

It took me awhile to find the right therapist, but finding Dr. Mohamed was one of the best things to ever happen to my mental health. She helped me to accept and forgive myself for a lot of things I had done in the past and to repair my broken relationships, especially with my dad.

Things were okay with us. Not perfect, but much better than before. Over the years, we had talked about things a few times over. He had taken responsibility for almost all of the things I always needed him to, like for leaving and abandoning us when we needed him the most, and especially for Theo. He was the one taking care of Theo now, and he would regularly visit me and Seth.

He definitely wasn't perfect, and I hadn't forgiven him completely yet. I was grateful for the fact that he wasn't forcing me to forgive him too quickly and was doing his best to correct everything he had done wrong. It was better for me, because I just wasn't ready yet to completely forgive him, and I wasn't sure when I would be. But we had made so much progress thus far, thanks to Dr. Mohamed, and I will forever be grateful to her for that.

I gave my therapist one last wave and walked out of her office down the familiar hallway and out the doors into the parking lot. I took a look at my phone to see if Luke had texted me that he was here yet, but he hadn't, and so I put my phone back in my pocket and sat down on a bench.

"Hey, beautiful," I heard the voice of my angel say. I opened my eyes and smiled widely at the handsomest man on the planet. He smiled back at me, and I felt that familiar glow in my chest at the sight of it.

He took my hand and I stood up and kissed him quickly. "How was school?" I asked.

"I think I failed my midterm," he said sheepishly. "I could tell because the girl beside me had completely different bubbles filled in on her scantron."

"Maybe she was the one that failed. I'm sure you did great." I patted his shoulder reassuringly. "Can we go back to campus? I have to go speak with my advisor."

"Yeah, of course, beautiful. I should probably go figure out a day to meet with mine too."

Luke and I had thankfully been able to get into the same university. I started out at community college for the first year and a half because I wanted to be around Theo more, and Luke went straight into the four year. But after a year and a half I was able to transfer to the same school, and we were both on track to graduate on time. Hopefully. If my classes for the next few semesters didn't screw me up, which had happened before.

We both still had another year and some change left to go, but Luke had already found a full time job as a software engineer as a startup computer business, which I was so proud of him for. He really put in the hard work in college and was extremely smart and talented. I knew he would get the job as soon as he applied, because how could they not want him? He was perfect.