Chapter 17 ~ "You sit on a throne of lies."

A/N: I didn't plan, didn't proofread, didn't even put this on my word doc in favour of getting it out as quickly as possible. My apologies for the wait and the shittiness and shortness of this chapter! :(

Chapter 17: "You sit on a throne of lies."

I flinched at the look of complete anger on Randy's face.

"Jordan," she repeated, her voice shaking with how furious she was.

I glanced at Luke and he took my hand in his, tightening his hold when my eyes widened. "Randy," I tried to say soothingly. "It's not what it looks like!"

Probably the most guilty-sounding thing I could've said. And Randy knew that too.

"Really?" she snapped. "Because it looks like my best friend feeding off of hypocrisy! Who didn't tell who about a new boyfriend, huh?"

I rolled my eyes at her and wrenched my hand out of Luke's grasp. "Come on," I said to her, completely ignoring the rest of them and sauntering my way away from the cafeteria and the boys.

"Aw, aren't you going to kiss your lover boy goodbye?" Joey called out tauntingly. I heard Xavier and Will start to guffaw, and so without looking back, I stuck my hand out and flipped them off, while simultaneously leading a very pissed Randy to a remote area where she wouldn't start flipping around tables like they were fucking lawn ornaments.

Yes, I do speak from experience.

"Jordan Wolfe!" Randy still sounded furious, her voice menacingly low. I knew how this must've looked to her. I, the one who had bitched at her for getting a boyfriend without telling me, now had my own 'boyfriend' without telling her.

"Miranda," I replied dryly, knowing how much she hated being called that. Probably not the best idea, considering how much of a sore loser she was.

"Jordan!" Now her voice was one, long whine, and she latched onto my shirt sleeve, pulling me to a stop right outside the school.

I turned around to face her. "What, Randy?" I enquired sweetly, comprehending full well that she also hated it when I stalled her.

"Would you mind telling me why the fuck I'm hearing about you and Luke dating, when the last time I saw you two together, you were so angry that you almost choked him while tying his tie?"

"That was not my fault!" I defended myself. "He had it coming to him."

She snorted. "Oh please, Danny, the boy was only asking you your bra size. I bet he just wanted to buy you some fancy lingerie."

I gaped at her. "And do you really think that's an appropriate question to ask a girl?"

"Well, it's not like he's going to go around asking guys what their bra sizes are."

"Randy!" I exclaimed. "Where the hell are you going with this?"

She paused, momentarily confused as to what we were talking about. "What...oh yeah!" Her big eyes widened before she narrowed them and placed her hands on her hips. I raised my eyebrows at her complete personality 180 and leant back against a wall, getting myself comfortable to listen to her rant. "I cannot believe that you would do that to me, Danny! Weren't you the one who yelled at me for not telling you about Leo? What happened to trust and loyalty? Does the Girl Code mean anything to you?" she raged, her hands flying up in all directions, her navy tie coming loose around her neck.

I raised up one finger to get her to stop blathering, and miraculously, she paused to take a breath. "For starters, I didn't wait weeks to tell you," I began calmly. Her anger simmered down at that, and she looked down at the ground in embarrassment while I glanced around to make sure that we were alone. "And for another, we're not dating."