8) Video

Ariana's P.O.V

"C'mon, Frankie! HURRY UP!" I bang the bathroom door on Frankie, who's been in there for a while. "Relax!" she calls back. "The festival will start fine without a couple of people!"

"Aren't you worried Noah will be there?" she asks. "I mean, the whole school is going..."

"I don't care, we'll be drowned out in the sea of people. He won't even notice me."

"Ari," she opens the door, looking at me with concern. "You know if you're seen together, that's it..?"

"I know!" I cry, burying my face in my hands. "Listen, you entrusted me with the sacred duty of keeping you two apart," she rolls her eyes, grabbing me by the arms. "I say, we lay low, don't do anything stupid, and just have fun."

I nod silently, and we walk out the door. "P-professor Foxx!" A female student calls, and we both jump, shrinking back into the door. "Yes, Miss Thompson?" Noah groans.

That bitch!

I peek around the corner, as much as Frankie tries to pull me back, and eventually she joins me silently, giving up. She's acting like an innocent little school girl, and she plays with the end of her high skirt while she talks, looking down to her feet.

"I-I was wondering, if...if you'd walk to the festival with me, sir?" she says quietly, looking up at him with fake innocent eyes.

"No, Vicky." he says coldly, starting to walk off. "Please-" She grabs his arm, then quickly retracts it as he shoots her a dirty look. "I have nobody to go with..."

"I don't care." he sneers, and Frankie giggles quietly. "He's so mean, but he's the best." she whispers.

"You're so cute," Vicky smirks, reaching up and playing with his hair, making me angry. There's no one else in the hallway, so she's getting away with it. Frankie won't let me out, so I can't stop it, but I'm wondering why Noah hasn't yet...

I thought he liked me?!

"Vicky, did you only take my class because you like me?" he asks, and I growl. "Maybe, cutesie-pop." she giggles, taking one of his hands, and pushing their bodies closer together. I go to run out of the room, but Frankie pulls me back. "Don't you fucking dare." she whispers, and I groan.

Vicky's hand trails up into his hair, brushing it out of his face. "I'll meet you downstairs." he sighs, and I gasp, as tears form in my eyes.

Did he really just do that?! REALLY?!

She giggles, trotting off in her heels, and once she's out of sight, Noah pulls a phone out of his pocket. It makes the sound of when a video recording ends, and he looks sideways before walking into another hallway. "Did you get the video, mate?" a male says, seemingly mid-twenties.

"Yeah. Give it to the headmistress." he says quietly. "She's so done." the other man laughs, and I watch him run down the stairs with the phone.

It was an act...to expel Vicky... He's smart, I'll give him that.

He walks down our hall, and Frankie and I both jump, running back in and shutting the door quietly.

Frankie locks it quickly, and we both retreat to the bunks. My heart is pumping, and adrenaline is making me super excited, for no good reason. I should be scared of getting caught, not excited...

He knocks on the door. "Ari- Miss Robinson?" he corrects, as I'm assuming there are students nearby.

I go to say something, but Frankie snaps a hand over my mouth, glaring at me. "Fuck...she already left." he whispers, and I'm pretty sure both Frankie and I mentally high-fived.

"We need to get to the festival, when he's gone. Get ready." Frankie orders quietly, chucking me my bag.

"Yeah, okay."