e p i l o g u e

'That night at the baseball banquet was quite magical to be honest. I remember walking out in our tuxes, my arm linked with his.

That was also the day after i told my parents Ryan was my boyfriend. God, even now it gives me butterflies saying it.

Sarah was Jon's date, but they just went as friends. Because that's what they are. She wore the most beautiful dress.

The banquet was a wonderful experience. The food, the music, the quality time spent with friends. I remember when they played the slow song. That was the best part.

I placed my hand on on his hips, his arms were around my waist. He whispered something in my ear. I can't remember what he said, but i remember laughing into his chest.

That's a memory i'lll never forget.

Ryan and I had many memories after that.

When we graduated, hand in hand. We went to (separate, unfortunately) college, hand in hand. and we even got our own apartment. And we walked in that apartment hand in hand. I couldn't ask for anyone else to spend my time with.

Jon and Sarah are still around. Jon found a new girl named Cassie. Sarah is still single but i'm glad. I enjoy being her gay best friend.

Life was great for me and Ryan. Ever since we had our first kiss, our first place... our first time.

I remember that. It was a few months after graduation. 6 month anniversary to be exact, but i won't go into detail... nobody wants to hear that.

But, after a year of being together, i know how really in love i am with him.

and now its not even a school boy crush anymore.

But i won't get too excited. who knows? ryan and i break up by next week... but i doubt that. We may even be together another 10 years.

but all i'm graceful for, is that i could reach first base with the boy of my dreams...'

"Brendon? are you in here?" I could hear Ryan walk in to my office tiredly. He was wearing only his sleep pants and his hair had messy curls.

i look at the clock on the computer. 3:57. didn't realize i was up that late.

I stand up and walk to him in the doorway, "i was just going back to bed." i smile at him.

He smiled back and puts his arm around me and we walk to the bedroom.

our bedroom.

Ryan places a kiss on my temple before we get in the bed and he whispers, "I love you Bren."

We both get in the bed and i wrap my arm around his torso, just like we were in the hammock that night.

I whisper back "I love you too Ryan.."

{A/N: adios!}