s e v e n

Being known as 'The School Fag' is not a title anyone would be proud of. Especially when you're the only known homosexual in school.

Every day, 'hey fag' this and 'you wanna suck my dick faggot' that. It gets annoying after 5 years.

The school found out I was gay in my 8th grade year when I told a person who I thought to be my friend, Dallon, and how I felt about him.

He laughed in my face. He told one person, next thing I know my names not Brendon anymore. It's fag.

He's a bass player for the school band, still makes fun of me to this day. This is why I choose not to have many friends.

"Hey fag boy, how much dick you suck this weekend?" some other senior yelled at me when I walked into school.

"Enough please." I groaned, shutting my locker door.

He shoved me "What're you gonna do about it?" he asked.

"Brent, leave him alone." I could hear a voice call.

"Ross? Why are you standing up for this fag?" Brent asked in a perplexed tone.

"Because," he grabbed my hand and helped me up, "he's actually a really sweet guy, and I'm glad he's my friend." The word friend still held a grip at my throat, but I couldn't react now.

"Whatever. see you at practice Ross." Brent said in defeat leaving us alone.

"You okay?" Ryan asked looking over at me brushing my shoulders off.

"Yeah, I'm fine, But i could've beaten him up on my own." I said with fake confidence. That was a damn lie. I couldn't beat him in a million years.

"Ig please, you're so tiny and scrawny and cute. You couldn't fight anyone." he said. His use of the word 'cute' was enough for my just to turn red.

"So, Sarah still sick?" he asked as we started walking down the hall.

I nodded. "She should be back tomorrow, she's on her max amount of days to be absent."

"Man, that sucks. Jon here?"

"Yeah he's my ride. He had to go turn something in to a teacher or some shit I don't know." I shrug.

"You know, I love Jon, but he seems like he can be a real shit friend sometimes." Ryan asks concern coating his voice.

"He means well. I'm glad to have him as a friend." I shove my hands in my pockets.

We're walking silent for awhile.

"Where's your first period?" He asked

"Calculus. Second floor." I explain motioning to the stairs.

He nods. "I've got government. Third floor." he laughs as we make our way to the stairs at the end of the hall.

"Do you wanna be my valentine?" He asks casually, whereas I'm trying to comprehend what he just said and process it in my mind.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" I asked with extreme nervousness.

"Calm down dude. You're bright red." he laughs.

Now I'm embarrassed.

"I meant as like a friend. Maybe we can all go do something Friday, maybe go to the carnival, I don't know." He shrugs.

"Oh, yeah that should be fun." I respond.

He smiles and the bell for first period rang. "Oh well, I guess I'll see you after school? maybe you can come over if you're not busy." He suggests shrugging.

All I can do is smile as we begin to walk our way up the stairs "Yeah.. I'd like that."

"Okay cool. I don't have practice after school because of the weather so I can give you a ride."

I'm on the second floor and that's where I leave him. "See you later Brendon." he waves me off and I copy his action.

I watch him go up the stairs before I walk my way down to my classroom.

I see Jon sitting at our desks that were arranged in twos. I sat in the desk next to him. We never see each other during the day, but I'm glad we have first period together. At least it's something.

I set my bag on my desk and began getting my materials out still smiling.

"Why are you so happy this morning?" Jon asked me.

"You don't have to give me a ride home tonight." Is all I said.

"Oh yeah? Reason being?" He asked me with a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"I'm going over to Ryan's tonight. He's giving me a ride home."

He cocked an eyebrow "Well, Lover Boy's getting pretty close to his crush now is he?" Jon teased.

"Oh shush. Nothing serious is gonna happen. we're just gonna stay friends... We're."

And with that, class began.

~

I was in Ryan's house. One thing I never thought would happen.

we were both laying on his bed silent, but not one that was awkward.

"I wish it wasn't raining." Ryan announced.

"I like the rain." I shrug.

"I'm not complaining that it's raining, I just don't want it to turn into snow."

"Snow's nice"

"Well, you don't have to drive in it." He remarked. Ryan looked over at me. "It seems like you don't mind any kind of weather." He laughed putting his hands behind his head.

"I never gave a damn about the weather." I  chuckle.

"And it never gave a damn about me."

"What does that even mean?" I ask with a little laugh.

"I don't know. The weather doesn't care about you or your feelings?" He said.

"I don't think it's that deep Ryan." I said with an eye-roll. I was starting to feel more comfortable around Ryan to joke around him like this. This is nice.

"Yeah well, I'm a deep person." He said with a shrug.

"Whatever you say Ry."

{A/N: idk what that last part was. just something to fill up the rest of the chapter. tbh what even was this whole chapter.

yes I know this is early, but I won't be able to update tomorrow as I will be busy all day. so enjoy this a day early.

also thank you for 200 reads??? I'm so happy you have no idea! thank you for reading this story ahh!!

don't forget to smile :D

-L <3 }