e i g h t

Valentine's Day. The day that will always be known to me as 'forever alone day'. Even if I do spend the day with my best friends, I still won't know what it's like to have a special someone to celebrate it with.

Sarah, Ryan, Jon and I were going to the lame Valentine's Day carnival my small town holds every year. I've never had any interest in going, but Ryan insisted and how can I say no to him?

Jon was driving us in his truck, with him and Sarah in the front. Leaving me and Ryan in the back, as expected.

"So have you guys ever been here before?" Ryan asked as we pulled into the parking lot (which was just an empty grass patch close by).

"Nope. I honestly had no interest. You know local carnivals are sketchy as fuck right?" Jon explained as we were getting out of his truck.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun I promise." Ryan assured.

Ryan seems to be the kind of guy who tells everyone to look on the bright side, assuring everyone that everything will always be fun.

What a great guy.

We arrived at the gate and paid our 5$ for tickets ready for our fun night ahead.

"Hey, Jon and are gonna go get some food. you guys want anything?" Sarah asked as Jon took his wallet out of his pocket.

Ryan and I looked at each other. "I'll just take a coke." I said. "I'll just share that with you. Is that okay?" Ryan asked.

"Oh y-yeah totally. That's fine" I cleared my throat to hide my awkwardness.

"Alright. We'll meet you guys by the Ferris wheel when we're done, k?" Sarah announced walking off, Jon by her side.

Ryan and I turned around to walk the other direction. "So, you wanna do anything before we have to meet them?" Ryan asked me sticking his hands in his coat pocket.

I looked around us seeing the balloon dart game and smiling, then looking to him.

Ryan gave me a sly little smile, "Alright, you're on Brendon."

We paid the man our dollars and the game began.

We both had three darts and had to pop the balloons.

In the end I only popped one, while Ryan got all three indicating he was the winner.

He picked a medium sized bear and smiled looking at me.

"Here, you take it." he said handing it to me as we walked off.

Wow, so cliche.

"Are you serious?" I mocked him with a laugh and an arched eyebrow.

"Y'know, if we were dating, this would be the most cliche thing ever." Ryan explained, emphasizing the word 'if'

"I feel like you're a cheesy boyfriend." I admit squeezing the bear.

"You are correct Brendon. If we dated I'd be so romantic to you. I'd treat you like a prince, spoil you, take you on the cutest dates, stuff like that." Ryan shrugged looking up at the night sky.

Thank you Ryan for making me fall more in love with you.

"So when you dated Helena, did you treat her like that?" I asked curious.

He shrugged again "I tried to, but she didn't like it for some reason."

"Interesting."

Well good news for you Ryan, I love affection and would love for you to spoil me. I'm also very single and very gay.

We found Sarah and Jon by the Ferris wheel where they said they'd meet us.

Sarah gave us her mom-like smile and waved. "Hi guys!"

"Sarah it's been like 10 minutes." I responded noticing her looking at my bear while she handed me my uncapped bottle of coke with two straws.

"Ooh did you win something Brendon?"

"Actually.." I looked at the bear, then to Ryan "Ryan won it for me." I spoke with a blush.

"Awe that's cute." Jon said "Come on, let's get in line before it gets too long."

We all stepped into the line for the Ferris wheel and waited.

Next thing we know, we're getting into our carts, ready to ride.

Ryan and I were in one cart whilst Sarah and Jon in the one in front of us.

The Ferris wheel soon started up and next thing we know, we're ascending upwards.

I look over to Ryan who's sitting on my left, mesmerized by the night sky and all the lights illuminated by the carnival, leaving a few sporadic stars everywhere.

He thought the view was pretty, but I think he's so much prettier.

We reach the top and stop just at the right point where we're looking over the entire carnival lot.

"Wow, look at the view." I said amazed.

I could feel him staring at me and I think even sense a smile form on his face.

I feel something on the end of my left hand, looking up to see Ryan resting the edge of his hand on mine.

We both look at our hands, then back up at each other and begin to giggle. "Sorry." Ryan says and quickly moves his hand away.

We're quiet for awhile and resting up top until Ryan breaks the silence, "And you know, back on the subject, if we were dating.. this is where I'd have our first kiss. It's perfect, don't you think?"

Now I feel the butterfly infestation in stomach and my face turns bright red.

I look over at Ryan to say something, only to see him leaning closer as if he's going to kiss me.

Holy shit this is happening.

I continue to slowly lean in, even close my eyes, but am interrupted when the ferris wheel starts moving once again.

Now Ryan and I are just looking at each other, my brown eyes matching his honey colored ones, and we just start laughing. "Happy Valentine's Day Brendon" Ryan whispers and we enjoy the rest of the night here.

And we didn't talk about it the rest of the night.

{A/N: hello it me.

so yeah this is about 10 minutes late because I forgot and had to rush which is why this chapter isn't the best.

so if it seems rushed that's why, it only took me about an hour to write whereas all my other chapters take 2-3 days.

anyways I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and a great break if you had one ❤️ I know I'm going back to Monday and I don't know how to feel.

don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }