t w e l v e

Today was game day. And of course I'm going to miss it.

I still never told Ryan I was grounded and I was gonna miss it, I didn't think he'd care all that much.

And I'm surprised I'm not even more grounded. I'm not sure if the school called my parents but they say anything to me. I guess I'm out of the hole.

After school I had to walk back home. The house was empty which made me feel ever more alone.

I couldn't talk to anyone, my 3 friends were all out. I'm a pretty independent person, but I've never felt more alone in my life.

My Friday night was spent alone in my room finishing my homework, and eating just about everything in the house. What fun that is.

But of course, my teachers didn't give me enough homework to do on the weekend. Now I'm stuck here. Grounded and completely bored out of my mind.

I look outside my window to see the night sky. It's not cloudy, it's perfectly clear out to see the sky.

And it's beautiful.

I break rules and unlock my window. Not to sneak out, but to sit on the roof and look at the sky.

The moon was very prominent in the black sky. I smiled.

The moon reminded me of Ryan. He puts himself out there and everyone is just amazed when they look at him. And he admires it and let's them.

I just love that about him.

I sat on the roof for a good 10 minutes before the wind started to really kick in. But, as I was sitting there, I closed my eyes and took in the natural sounds.

The wind, the leaves rustling, the sirens on the vehicles, the occasional dog barking.

Then I got bored and went back inside, making sure to lock the window back up.

I pulled my guitar out from the foot of my bed, and one of my journals.

I looked at the scraps of paper with strings of letters that are supposed to form songs.

Some were good, some were bad. But the one think I know: no one will ever get to see these.

Not even the people I care about most.

I held my guitar up to position and began tuning it.

Strum. Strum. Perfect.

"And I'm putting out the lantern, find your own way back home..." I sing reading the words on the paper and smiling trying to strum the right chords to match a long.

But my smile turns to a frown when I hear a knock on my window.

I was confused. the game shouldn't be over yet? It's only 8:30. Plus everyone else knows I'm grounded, except Ryan but he usually never comes to visit.

And why don't my friends know how to use the front door.

I open the window to see Sarah. I give her a confused look but she demands I open the door.

I open it slowly, "Sarah what's going on I can-" I try to explain but she cuts me off.

"Brendon, you have to come quick!" Sarah said in a panicking voice.

"Sarah calm down." I say trying to console her.

She has calmed down it seemed, but she still seems panicked. I grab her arms, "now, tell me what's wrong."

She looks nervous, but blurts it out. And it hit me hard.

"Ryan got hurt. He had to the hospital."

{A/N: hello it me.

YES! I'm back! after a long vacation.

I'm surprised everyone missed me and this story. but thanks!

also, when did this story hit 1K reads??? thanks???

anyways I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I know I did.

and I was supposed to go back to school Thursday but I ended up getting sick with a stomach bug so I got Thursday and Friday off school. nice.

anyways I'll see y'all next Saturday! it's great to be back!

don't forget to smile :D

~J <3 }