Chapter 26

We must have looked so strange walking down the street. I was wearing a plastic hat and Cole was wearing my floppy sun hat. They all made me laugh a lot. Maya began to take pictures of us doing the weirdest things. Like Dana on Cole's shoulders and me just making faces in the background. It felt nice to be laughing again over weird things. We walked around receiving strange looks from some people and some people realized who they were and asked Cole and Dana for autographs. I laughed the whole way. At around two we were tired of running around and hot from the sun.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked skipping up to Cole and Dana.

"Let's go swimming the summer's almost over we could go at my house and invite a bunch of people and have a small pool party." Said Maya really excitedly. "My parents wanted me to do something like that since the summer is almost over and my dad wants to do some barbecuing."

"Yes!" Yelled Cole and Dana at almost the exact same time.

"But will people have enough warning?" I asked uncertainly.

"Yes! No one is doing anything on a hot day like today. I'll text a bunch of people and you guys can invite a couple people too." Insisted Maya. Once she had her mind set on something it was hard to stop her.

"Okay." Said Dana. They all pulled out their cell phones and started to text people. I texted Savannah but I figured Maya would text her. There wasn't really anyone else I wanted to be there and I didn't really want to go either. I didn't want to disappoint Maya so I pretended to be excited about the party.

"Why don't we head back to my house so I can get my stuff then I can drive to each of your houses so you guys can get your stuff too." I said trying to sound enthusiastic Maya looked at me like she could tell I was not too keen on the party so I smiled widely and she seemed to shrug it off. 

"Sure, I told them they should come at around four so we should head back now." Said Maya taking the lead back towards my house. We all followed behind her. Cole and Dana started whispering about something so I caught up to Maya.

"Did anyone respond?" I asked praying everyone was busy.

"Yeah a bunch of people responded saying yes! Only a couple of people haven't responded yet, but so far no on has said no! I'm so excited! I should probably call my parents so they can start to set up." She said as she pulled out her cell phone and called her house. I began to walk a bit away from them. Not enough for them to realize something was up but not close enough to participate socially. I was just thinking about things when we walked up my driveway. We walked in and my sister was in the entrance cleaning the shoes up. Cole, Dana and Maya all gave her dirty looks but I just ran up to my room. They all followed me in and sat on my bed.

"What do I need besides a bathing suit?" I asked grabbing my beach bag from my closet.

"Well, sunscreen, your hat, your phone, and that's about it. Unless you want to sleepover then like your pajamas and stuff."

"Sorry I can't I have things to do in the morning so I can't." I knew it was a lie that she would just see right through but I hoped she would understand.

"Okay that's cool. Maybe you should bring your speakers they are so much louder than mine." I nodded and started to stuff the necessary things into my bag.

"Okay I'm ready let's head to the next persons house. " I said heading out of my room and down the stairs. They all followed me into my entrance. I threw on my flip flops and grabbed my car keys. "Where to know?" I asked.

Once we had stopped at both Cole and Dana's house we were headed to Maya's house. I pulled into her driveway and got out of the car. I could hear he parents doing stuff in her huge garage. Maya was an only child and rich so she was spoiled. By Cole and Dana's reaction to her huge house I guessed that they had never been to her house before.

"Your house is--" Started Cole before being interrupted by Maya.

"Huge. I know I get that a lot. Come on." She said walking into her house. I followed right behind her and Cole and Dana reluctantly behind me. I heard the slight gasp from each of them as they saw her marble staircase and crystal chandelier. I had been to her house so many times before that this was not new to me. I removed my shoes and walked to her back door.

"Hey!" I yelled at her parents who were setting something up.

"Hello Morgan! It's been awhile since you've been over!" Yelled her mom her dad was busing doing something. I waved before motioning to Cole and Dana to follow me into her room. We walked up the stairs. At the top of the stairs I stopped in front of her closed door and dramatically pulled it wide open so you could see her huge room. It had a huge television, a couch and a bed and so many other things. They just stood there in the door in awe. I laughed. I jumped onto Maya's bed and sat there as she came out of her closet in a green bikini and a blue sarong.

"You should go get changed now it's so hot outside and I kind of want to get changed before everyone gets here so we don't have to wait." She said. I grabbed my bikini from my bag and walked into her bathroom. I quickly changed. I came out and let Cole in after me so he could change.

"Maya, could I borrow a sarong?" I asked walking into her huge closet.

"Sure, I think the purple one will go great with your black bikini."

"Okay thanks." I ran into her closet and searched the rows of clothes for her sarongs. I found them near the back. I wrapped it around my waist and walked back into her bedroom. Cole and Dana were already both in their bathing suits. I couldn't help but stare a little at their slight abs. I looked away before either one of them could notice.

"Let's head into my backyard and help my parents set up so they're in the house when everyone arrives. " When Maya said it, she wasn't suggesting that we do it, it was an order. Once she got in the party mood everyone had to listen to her. We all walked into her backyard where her parents were setting up a bunch of bowls full of food onto her glass table. "I thought you guys were going to barbecue?" Maya looked confused considering there was enough food to feed everyone four times.

"We decided to just give you some cash and food and you can order some pizzas, and we're going to go to the movies." Said her mom setting down the last bowl. "We're leaving in about five minutes."

"Okay." said Maya as she slightly nudged every bowl into a different position so they were exactly where she wanted them. I rolled my eyes. She could be such a perfectionist. After her parents left the guests began to arrive a bunch of people got into the pool but at first I was just sitting in a chair by the pool. Cole and Dana were trying to get me into the pool but I refused. Maya walked over and told them something and suddenly they all looked worried. I shrugged it off and walked into her house to check my phone which was in her room. I had a couple texts from Josh. I replied while walking down the stairs and almost knocked Maya down the stairs.

"There you are Morgan! I was looking for you because I'm about to go order the pizzas and I wanted to know which kind you wanted." Said Maya really quickly.

"I don't really care." I said trying to walk past her but she was in my way.

"Why don't you come to my room to call with me."

"No thanks." I said shoving past her down the stairs. I walked outside and I figured out why she wanted me to stay inside with her. There standing by the pool was Dalton. He wasn't alone. There was a girl holding onto him.