Chapter 20

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I groaned slightly because when I looked at the clock it said that it was eight o'clock in the morning. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. I got up and crawled to the doorway and sat there in the shadows as Cole walked down the stairs and opened the door. I could see his living room and entrance from the doorway. I saw him open the door and invite someone in. It was Dalton.

"Cole, I did something horrible that I can't take back."

"What did you do?" Asked Cole sounding kind of exasperated and surprised at the same time.

"Well, I cheated on Morgan, but that's not the worst part. It was kind of with her sister." I saw him awkwardly look at the ground.

"Dalton! What the hell?! You and Morgan we're great together! How could you mess up like that? Does she know?" Yelled Cole. I figured he forgot that I was asleep or he wanted me to ear this. Either way there was no way I was going back to sleep now.

"I know, I was hanging out with her sister in her basement when I heard someone start to come down the stairs. Then out of no where her sister started to kiss me. I knew it was wrong but for some reason I couldn't stop. It turned out to be Morgan who came down the stairs. She noticed it was me and broke up with me. I ran after her and tried to explain but she wouldn't listen and she drove away."

"Whoa, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Did you call her?"

"Of course! I called her over twenty times and she never picked up. I even left several voice mails. I don't know what to do Cole. I have no idea where she could and I have no contact with her. I'm so screwed. I messed up this time badly and I have no idea how to fix it. Do you know where she is?" I couldn't see his face but I didn't need to. I could tell he was sad. It was breaking my already broken heart to hear him talk like this. I was close to going down there to see him but I couldn't. I had to keep reminding myself that he had kissed my sister.

"I have no idea where she is. I wish I could tell you where she was. I think we need to get to rehearsal soon. I need to get my stuff come upstairs." As soon as I heard Cole say that I freaked. I closed the door quietly and sat in the shadows of the dark room. I heard the two sets of footsteps come up the stairs. I held my breath as they walked past my room. I sighed in relief as I heard Cole's door close. Their voices were muffled by the closed door so I could no longer hear anything they were saying. I got back under the covers and lay down.

I began to wonder if Cole had known that I was awake. If he had wanted me to hear their conversation. I was glad he hadn't told Dalton that I was sleeping right upstairs. I was stuck with no idea where to go or what to do. I would need clothes and things from my house at one point but I couldn't go back there and I couldn't stay at Cole's house forever, Dalton would see me at one point. I was stuck in a situation in which I had no idea what to do about.