Chapter 13

I woke up to the sound of elephants walking. It was actually my sister stomping up the stairs because she was in a bad mood about something. I turned on my radio and just lay there listening to the music. I checked the time a couple minutes later when commercials came on. It was 11:57. I jumped from my bed realizing that my alarm had not gone off. I rummaged through my clothes trying to find something nice to wear bowling when I saw my black shorts. I threw them on and picked a blue shirt to go with it. I grabbed my white bag and ran down the stairs.

"Bye mom! I'm supposed to be at Maya's house in like three minutes! I might be back soon though!" I yelled praying that she and everyone else in the house was awake.

"Okay bye!" She yelled coming to the top of the stairs to wave. I threw on converses and ran out the door. I went to get my phone from my purse when I realized I had left it charging on my desk. So I turned ran back to my house, up the stairs grabbed my phone and ran back out the door. I ran the five minute drive to Maya's house. When I got there I rang the doorbell as I panted for breath. Maya opened the door with a frustrated face. I figured it was because I was ten minutes late but she had other problems.

"I have nothing to wear!" She yelled closing the door behind me.

"I'm sure you have plenty of things to wear we just have to pick one." I said trying to soothe her. We walked up the stairs to her bedroom. I got to her door and stared in confusion. Everywhere on the floor was clothes that had been pulled from the closet and thrown to the floor. She just sat down in the huge pile of clothes.

"It's not that simple! We need to pick an outfit that will make an impression on them! How many times to you get to meet IM5 for the first time." She said getting up and going through the clothes again.

"I think you should just dress casually but still nice. I'm sure this will not be the only time you get to hang out with IM5 but your personality will also be important because they are not just gross and only look at your appearance. I hope." I said going through her clothes. I found a super cute lilac top.

"You should wear that it will look really nice on you." She said. 

"Thanks, here get up don't just sit there we have less than two hours to prepare."

"Okay help me with clothes. I'm just going to wear normal jean shorts but I don't know what to wear as a top there is too many choices. " She said flopping back onto the pile on the ground. I rolled my eyes and spotted a pink shirt that I barely recognised. It was the top she had worn about four times the last summer.

"When was the last time you wore this? You have to wear it! It looks so good on you remember how many compliments you got?" I threw the top at her and she changed quickly. It looked great.

"Thanks okay so let's go eat because I don't want to be full when we're bowling. My mom ordered some pizza for us before she left." We ran down the stairs I was starving because of my sleeping in. I didn't have any time to eat breakfast so I ran down the stairs just behind Maya. She opened the pizza box that was on the table. The pizza was pepperoni. I grabbed a piece and began to stuff my face. When we were full It was going on 1:20. We ran back up the stairs and started on our hair. Maya put hers in her usual ponytail and I put mine in a high bun. I decided to just put on mascara because it took less time. In ten minutes we were ready to go.

We went out the door and hopped into her car. It was about a half hour drive so we barely had extra time. I pulled open Google maps and directed Maya to the bowling alley. When we were five minutes away we got caught in traffic.

"Ugh! Why? Why today of all days? I really don't want to be late meeting IM5 first impressions are extremely important!" Yelled Maya frustratingly. When she gets mad she starts t yell at anybody. Right now she was just kind of yelling into space. While she was yelling I was secretly freaking out. This was my favourite boy band how was I going to talk to them like they were normal people because they're not. They are wacky and hot and perfect and fun and can dance. They are just the perfect combination. No one can compare to them. Maya stopped yelling for a second then turned to me.

"I'm so nervous! How can we do this? They're IM5!" She said saying almost exactly what I was thinking.

"I know! I was just thinking that! I don't know if I can do this! The only thing that is keeping me from making you turn this car around is that Dalton would probably never talk to me again."  I said just as the traffic let up and we were driving at normal pace towards the bowling alley giving me a really bad stomach ache. We pulled up to the parking lot and parked in a really good front parking spot. There was only a couple other cars in the parking lot.

"Okay we can do this!" Yelled Maya jumping out of the car and running over to open my door. "If I'm going to this then you're going to do it with me!" She grabbed my wrist and forced me out of the car. I swallowed and walked to the door slowly. The most of the curtains in the bowling alley were closed so you could hardly see in. Maya squared her shoulders and opened the door. We walked in and the first thing I saw was all of IM5 sitting down tying their bowling shoes. Dalton looked up and smiled. He got the other boys attention and pointed to us. I smiled and walked over trying to hold in my nervousness.