Chapter 25

"Morgan?" He said again. I smiled.

"Hey." I took it his whole look in. Somehow he had gotten more attractive than when I had seen him last time. The hat suited him and so did the leather jacket.

"You look really good." He said probably lying considering my eyes were super red and puffy from all the crying I had been doing.

"Thanks, you too. The hat really suits you." I said not really sure how this would go.

"Thanks, do you want to go get something to eat?" He asked.

"I would love to, it's just my friends ran ahead but I'm supposed to be meeting at the ice cream parlour soon."

"Okay, well I'll see you soon then, but please can we meet up soon. I need to talk to you."

"Yes definitely, but I really must be going. Goodbye." I turned around and walked away slowly but steadily not looking back to let him know that I had missed him. I kept walking and when I finally turned the corner, I slumped against the wall and sat on the ground. I needed some time to myself, but then Maya ran up to me.

"Come on! They're about to choose the flavours and we need to have some input who knows what flavours they'll put together. Come on!" She urged me on, and I was tempted to tell her about what had just happened but she looked so excited so I decided to wait for later. I sprinted with all the energy I had. I sprinted for anger and pain and friendship. I needed to just run even though I hated it, running sometimes helped me calm down or clear my mind and at this moment I needed both. I got to the ice cream parlour before Maya and walked in panting. I saw Cole and Dana standing there staring open mouthed at me.

"What?" I asked sitting down at one of the tables.

"You just ran here so fast we saw you turn down the street and sprint right to the door! I thought you hated running." Said Dana sitting across from me.

"I do but it helps me clear my head. Maya should be here soon, then we can go choose the flavours." I said.

"Alright." Said Cole sitting down next to me. I was still panting when Maya came in about two minutes later.

"You have some serious explaining to do." She said sitting next to Dana.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you never ever run like that unless you have something on your mind and need to tell someone or you will run way too much and I know you hate that."

"Yeah, well I say someone I haven't seen in a while. I'll tell you all about it while we eat our ice cream." I said standing up trying to avoid the conversation. Cole and Dana followed and Maya trailing behind them. At the counter Cole ordered.

"Hi, can we have a King Kong?" He asked really politely. The young girl smiled quite flirtatiously at Cole and Dana before handing them a sheet of paper.

"Please fill this form out with what flavours you want and hand it back to me so I can have your ice cream as soon as possible." Cole walked away and we all sat down and agreed on twenty five chocolate based flavours. Chocolate was a love we all shared and any candy flavoured ice cream would taste weird with it. We handed her back the paper and had our ice cream almost right away. We had just sat down when Maya started asking questions again.

"So who was it?" She asked.

"Listen Maya I just sat down and I'm starving please let me eat in peace for at least five minutes." I said grabbing my spoon and starting to dig in.

"Fine." Grumbled Maya who was mad about not being in on the latest gossip, but I wasn't some girl at our school with a problem. I was her best friend and right then was not a good time and she knew it. Cole and Dana exchanged glances before starting to eat. Maya ate more slowly but there was a lot of ice cream so it was going to last a while. I knew it was killing her not to know which made me want to keep it to myself for as long as possible. When we had finished I was so full.

"I have never eaten so much ice cream. I usually share it with like ten people, if I even get it. And now I'm really thirsty I'll be right back there's a water fountain in the store next door." I got up and walked out the door. I slowly walked into the store and pretended to be browsing before I went to the water fountain. I got to the water fountain and realized that there was someone behind me. I turned around and was face to face with Cole's crazy ex-girlfriend.

"Hi I never actually did get your name when I first met you."

"It's Emily. Not that you need to know." She said in a rude tone.

"Excuse what's that supposed to mean?" I asked knowing this would back fire in some way.

"It means Cole is mine so back off before I make you."

"No." I said the one simple word that I knew would push her over the edge. She turned around and tried to punch me in the face but I ducked. She Tripped but managed not to fall. Her back was to me so when she turned around I used all my strength and punched her right in the nose. You the heard the crack as blood spilled all over the floor. Her eyes were wide with shock.

"No, you back off because he is and will always be mine." I turned around and walked out of the store with the most amount of confidence I had ever had. I walked back into the ice cream parlour where Maya was sitting alone at the table. "Hey, where'd the guys go?" I asked sitting down across from her.

"They went to the bathroom." She said just as they sat back down at our table. Dana had the plastic hat on his head. It looked so funny I laughed so hard and almost fell onto the floor.

"I seriously hope you guys washed that." I said after I stopped laughing.

"Yeah, but it looks best on your head." Said Dana taking my hat off and putting the plastic one on my head instead before I could protest. I smiled.

"Um, Cole..." I said figuring that I better tell him about what happened.

"Yeah?" He asked looking slightly worried.

"Well, I just ran into Emily your crazy ex and..."

"Oh no what happened she is so annoying."

"She told me to back off and I refused so she tried to punch me and missed so I punched her right in the nose and may have broken it." I said really quickly. They all jut sat there staring a me with wide eyes. "Say something."

"That is brilliant. That's so cool." Said Cole grinning widely.

"Yeah." Agreed Dana and Maya. I smiled.

"Hey so what happened before?" Asked Maya staring me in the eyes to tell me that there was no way I was getting out of telling her.

"Fine, I ran into this that I met recently. HIs name is Josh and my head has been crazy this past couple of weeks I needed to loose some stress."

"See that wasn't so hard. Let's go for an actual walk now. No running and no sprinting just casually walking down the street."

"Ok let's go." Said Cole.

The Boy in The Rain: A Dalton Rapattoni FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara