Chapter 8

I woke up on my couch surrounded by my family. My mom was pacing the room while my dad tried to calm her down. My sister and brother were sitting and talking. They were the first to notice that I was awake.

"Mom, she's awake." Said my brother. My mom rushed over.

"Oh dear. How are you feeling?" She asked frantically.

"I'm feeling fine but what happened?" I asked really confused.

"Well you fell at the aquarium and that nice boy ummm Dalton I think grabbed your cell phone and called here. He told us what happened so we told him to bring you here. He brought you here and left you on the couch. He was here for at least half an hour but then he had some work to do so he had to leave. He sat by your side the whole time." She said.

"Wait how long have I been unconscious?" I asked worriedly.

"You've only been out for about two hours. He wanted you to text him when you woke up, but for now you should eat something."

"Okay." I said trying to get off the couch but my mom pushed me back down.

"No, you are going to stay here while I go get you some food. Here is your cell phone let that nice boy know that you are okay."  She said getting up and handing me my cell phone. I had four texts from Maya asking me about my date. I quickly texted her telling her how embarrassing it had been. I then texted Dalton to let him know that I was awake and feeling better. He responded within seconds saying he hoped I was okay.

"Here you go. Some warm soup." Said my mom handing me a bowl full of soup. I ate it slowly. It was really hot. Maya responded asking if I was okay and saying that only I could have done that. I smiled and texted her to let her know I was fine. I finished the soup and was able to stand on two feet. Everyone had gone off to do their own thing once they knew that I was okay. I put the bowl into the dishwasher and went to take a shower so that I could relax for the rest of the day. I took a really long shower staying in the heat for over half an hour. When I got out of the shower it was going on four o'clock so I put my pajamas on. I came down the stairs and went in the kitchen to get some food.

"Morgan why are you wearing pajamas?" Asked my mom as I came into the kitchen.

"Because I'm tired and lazy and will not be leaving the house again today." I said opening the fridge.

"Well, my friend from high school is coming over and she is bringing her daughter. So you are going to have to get changed." She said closing the fridge door.

"Do I have to wear something fancy." I asked. I hated this. My mother was always hosting little get-togethers  at my house and she never warned me until the night of.

"Just go change into a dress and some jewelry." She said turning back to whatever big supper she was making for our guests. I went back up the stairs and changed out of my comfy pajamas into a dress. I put on my diamond earrings and my new necklace that said Love. I brushed out my hair and tied it up into a nice bun. I looked at my makeup collection but decided against it. I looked fine. Their kids were probably only like ten anyways. The doorbell rang and I walked down the stairs to the entrance where we would greet our guests as a family. My mother opened the door.

"Hello, welcome Lorraine. It's been such along time since I've seen you!" Exclaimed my mother before hugging the woman at the door.

"Lorraine these are my children. This is Ethan, Zoe and Morgan. And this is my husband Mark." My mother said pointing to each of us in turn.

"Nice to meet you." Said the woman who I could assume was Lorraine. " This is my daughter Lucy." out of the shadows came a girl who looked about my age. She smiled at me.

"How old is Lucy now 16?" Asked my mother.

"Oh yes she's turning seventeen though soon." Responded Lorraine.

"She's the same age as my middle one Morgan. Come on in dinner should be ready soon. Morgan why don't you give Lucy a bit of a tour?" Asked my mom. I heard my brother and sister's silent yes that they were off the hook.

"Sure." I said that she had formed it as a question but I really had no choice. Lucy slipped off her shoes and stood next to me.

"Okay, well this is the entrance. Come on let's tour the downstairs first then the upstairs." I said. She gave a little quiet noise that I had to assume was okay. I showed her my family room, living room, kitchen, dining room and bathroom before leading her upstairs. The first stop was my room because it was the first one at the top if the stairs.

"So this is my room." I said as I opened the door. She was looking around until she stopped and stared at my poster.

"You like IM5?" She asked me.

"Yep I love them!" I said.

"Really me too! They are the best!" She said smiling. "Only one of my friends likes them."

"I know me too! No one knows who they are so they immediately judge them!"

"Yeah my friends are really bad with that." She said as my mother yelled to let us know that dinner was ready we went downstairs and sat down at the table. Lucy and I sat next to each other and talked about IM5 the whole time but I didn't tell her that I had been on a date with Dalton. We talked all night about them and eventually traded numbers so that we could text about them. When it came to leave it was sad because she would be going back to Canada in a couple days so I wouldn't see her for a while. When she left we were texting and I eventually fell asleep on the couch with the television still on.