Chapter 8- Bad Things

Start from the beginning

I scoffed quietly. When the elevator door opened he went out and so did I. When he went to the coffee maker I saw Mr. Chivalry, Rhea and Jeremy standing there together, getting coffees.

          I walked up to them and they all smiled. "Is everything alright Mr. Chivalry?" I asked.

          "The coffee machine wasn't working anywhere so we decided to come down here and get some," he stated.

          "Would you like some too?" Jeremy asked.

          "I don't drink coffee but thanks for asking," I replied.

          I looked over my shoulder and saw Chase getting some coffee. He came towards us and handed Mr. Chivalry the coffee. "Here Dad."

          Mr. Chivalry took the coffee, surprised to see Chase giving him the coffee. "Thank you, son."

"No problem dad, I will take your leave now," Chase said as he went towards the elevator and waited.

Suddenly it started raining heavily. All of us looked out the glass door and saw the heavy rain. The raindrops were bigger than usual. I saw many people outside came running into the office.

"Why is it raining right now?" I mumbled.

          "Now how will Mr. Williams come? Oh god this business deal is really important for me," Mr. Chivalry said.

          I quickly went to my desk and got my laptop along with my business phone. I called up Mr. Williams knowingly. I couldn't let Mr. Chivalry down.

          "Hello? I am Olive Montgomery and I am calling in behalf of Mr. Chivalry. I just wanted to know if Mr. Williams will make it for the meeting today... Yes... Okay... Yes... Alright... I am sure too Mr. Smith. I hope you have an amazing day, bye," I said hanging up.

A smile crept on my lips when I heard that Mr. Williams is almost here for the meeting. I went to Mr. Chivalry and told him the good news and he hugged me. I was taken aback by the sudden action but then I patted his back.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Olive. You always make sure the deal cracks," he spoke.

"It is my job. I will look over the tenders one last time," I said as I went to the elevator and waited next to chase.

"Did you get the files and your laptop?" Chase asked me.

"Yes," I replied with a nod.

"I will give Jeremy the file so Rhea and him can look over it one last time," he said as I handed him the files.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I looked at it and it didn't say the name of the caller. The elevator's door opened and I went in along with Chase.

I picked up the call. "Hello? Yes... yes I am Olive Montgomery... yes she is... what? How? Yeah... and? Okay... what?" I was shocked.

I could feel tears making their way out of my eyes but I stiffened and wiped them away before chase could see. "I am sorry I can't come right now but I will come and take her. Thank you, bye," I said hanging up the phone.

"Everything okay?" Chase asked me.

"Yeah," I lied.

He turned me to him and looked into my eyes. "What happened?" He asked, his eyes pierced to mine. His eyes were mesmerizing but I couldn't tell him.

"Nothing happened. Everything is good," I replied and he let go of me.

"If anything is wrong, you can tell me Olive, okay?" He stated.

I wanted to tell him but it was my personal life and I didn't want him getting involved. I tried to smile but it didn't work. I could feel tears forming again but I couldn't do anything. I looked away and slightly wiped them away with my fingers.

The elevator door opened and both of us went out. "I'll go to the restroom and be back," I said and left before chase can say anything.

I went to the restroom and looked at the mirror. I saw myself and then tears started flowing from my eyes and I sighed. I stood up again the wall and slowly sat down and sobbed.

How can she? I have to go but I have to crack this deal. Why is this happening to me god? Why? What have I ever done to deserve this? I should call Keechee.

I looked at the background of my phone and saw a picture of me and mom. I started crying again. I will go home and tell Keechee myself.

I stood up and washed my face. I cleaned myself up and went outside. Just as I walked out, I saw Mr. Chivalry and Mr. Williams together. They were smiling and laughing.

They were headed towards the conference room. Mr. Chivalry looked at me and signaled me to join them. I took my laptop and my phone and followed everyone inside the conference room.

~~~

Hey there minions! I just gave my account a new look today! Makeover! I get dark vibes. Btw what happened with Olive and why was she crying? Any ideas?

Well I will be telling you about it in next chapter! Stay tune! Bye minions!