Camping and the deer

I didn't lie to Alexander. I told him the truth. And the truth was I couldn't tell him what had actually happened. I hadn't the guts to tell him that I was transported from two centuries in the future, or that I travelled through the stones of Craigh Na Dun, if I had, he probably think that I was mad or a witch due to "Magic" being involved. So, I told him that I wasn't from here and I needed to get back to Inverness. He was confused, but accepted my answer as though he knew I couldn't tell him the full reason. And I was grateful for it.

We arranged so that once we got back to Castle Leoch, I'd say I had a Reminiscence of when I went to the Isle of Wight one year, but with who- apparently I didn't know. Colum accepted my answer and said I could soon be on my way, escorted by Alexander, who was going to also be heading in my direction, back to his home. Dougal was still highly suspicious.

Alexander said that in a weeks time he'd take me back to Inverness, we'd probably need to travel to his home with his family for a couple of days due to it being a long distance and red-coats were patrolling the areas constantly. I thanked him and he replied with "Ye need tae get back home, Anya. And I promise ye, I'll get ye there."

He had given me the nick-name Anya-deprived from my full name. He something's called me "Àlainn Nàmhaid." I didn't know what it meant but I assumed it wasn't derogatory unlike "sassenach" or "coigreach.", which I had been called harshly but some off the more hateful and distrusting people of the castle. But do to the conflict against my people and theirs, I wasn't surprised of my mis-treatment by some.

During the day I helped in the kitchens, and assisted Beaton in the Infirmary. I was there a lot being assessed and suck. Although the medical ways of these times were different and not as advanced as they were during my time, I managed to nonchalantly interpret my basic 21st century medical knowledge into Beaton's practises-and as a result he found me useful. Usually men would only come in for minor things. Broken toes, splinters, axe-misalignment. Maids and kitchen staff would have burns and such. By mid-day I'd bring out some food to Alexander who'd be with the horses, in the stables or practising sword fighting with Bjorn, Angus or Rupert. Many of the men also spent time making weapons, drinking, playing shinty, duelling and wrestling around madly. After we would eat, we'd go out and "try to make me recollect my mind." Often we went to Glens and Loch's, sometimes into town to get supplies from the shops. We enjoyed going to the ruins around the area and we often rode through the village. Faodail and Solasta underneath us. In the evening we would return and go to the hall, where there'd be food, drink and usually celebration of some sort. The allegiance ceremony had been just before I'd arrived and I'm glad I missed it, if it was like this every night then I'm sure it would be a bore.

Beaton would go to massage Colum's legs and I would take his place in the medical room, afterwards I'd leave for bed and the next day the same routine would happen over again.

I was only supposed to be here a week. However, it had been three as I just could not get away. It seemed too early to claim that my memory was decent enough to the point I could be on my way. Colum and Dougal both agreed that I wasn't fit to flee. Truthfully, I know it was because they were still weary off me. Everyday I'd claim I would remember a memory of a past event but not enough where they could track down my identity and find relatives-simply because I had none and although I would have ancestors, they wouldn't know me, making it seem as though I'm lying.

Alexander stayed with me the whole time. He refused to leave to go back to his home, wherever that was, because he promised that he'd help and look after me and he "doesna break promises."

Three weeks. My father must be worried sick. Had he been looking for me? Did he believe I ran away? Has he coped?

Alex and I had grown closer, I suppose you could consider us friends, he came into the medical practise because he had an extremely sore hoof-shaped bruise on his arm, I gave him a leech to help the swelling and such.