Chapter VIII: Non-Independance's End

When we got back to Lucien's room, nothing really happened. The moment was completly gone, ruined by Erin. We spent the rest of the evening talking. We got to know each other better. We have been officially a couple for a week, and we spent nearly every minute of the day together, but we really never got around to talking about oursleves. Eventually, we got on the subject of triplets.

"What's it like?" Lulu asked.

I thought it over. "It's like having two copies of myself, I guess. Most of our habbits are either the same or similar. We've always done everything together, no matter what. If one of us does something without the other two, it just feels wrong, like you're a spectator watching everything from the outside. It doesn't feel real." I sighed. "It's hard to explain."

"So, you've never really been independant?"

I shook my head. "Its hard to be independant when you have two other people that feel like pieces of your soul."

Lulu played with my fingers as we talked. He always found a way to touch me, no matter where we were or what we were doing. "Why do you and Sienna have the exact same haircuts? Is it just something you do every once in a while?"

"No. We've gotten the same haircuts since we first started getting our hair cut." I told him, running my free hand through his hair. His head was resting in my lap while we relaxed on his bed.

"Have you ever wanted to look different than her?"

"We do look different, I mean we only ever dress the same if we're pulling a prank. That is, until we transfered here. Now, we wear the same thing every day for school."

"That's not what I meant. I meant, have you ever thought about just changing your look altogether?"

I frowned slightly. "No, I haven't, actually."

A thoughtful smile broke out onto his face. "Tomorrow, we are going into town, so we should probably get to sleep." He jumped up from his bed and rumaged around in his dresser. He took out one of his shirts and threw it at me. "You can wear this for bed."

I climbed off of his bed and went into the bathroom to change. The shirt reached just under my butt. I took my hair out of it's bun before exiting the bathroom. I set my folded clothes on top of Lulu's dresser and turned towards the bed. Lulu was staring at me as if he were a starving man and I was a meal. He uncrossed his arms from behind his head and sat up, the muscles in his chest and abs rippling. Blush burned my cheeks. I walked over to the empty side of the bed and cralwed under the blankets. Lulu got up and turned off the lights before sliding in next to me. He was close enough that I felts his body heat. He didn't make any skin contact, knowing niether of us would be able to keep our wolves at bay.

After minutes of silence, Lulu finally spoke. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep knowing you are right next to me, wearing nothing but my shirt."

I took a daring step. I rolled onto my side and wrapped my arm around his waist. Tingles shot up and down my arm. My wolf sprung to life, loving the skin to skin contact. I pushed her away. I didn't want her ruining this little piece of heaven for me. Lucien slowly trapped me in an embrace, burying his face in the crook of my neck. My wolf didn't react like I thought she would have. I thought she's be going nuts and not let me sleep. I was wrong. She was the most calm ever. It felt almost as if she was at peace. That night, I fell asleep with a smile on my face and Lucien's scent surrounding me, something I never thought would make me feel so good.

In the morning, I was greeted with the sight of Lulu's neck. I was encased in his strong, unmoving arms. The sun was shining brightly through the windows, warming my back. Feeling a little frisky, I bit his exposed neck and trailed kisses across his collar bone. He woke with a start, a low pleasant growl coming from the back of his throat. It vibrated the entire bed. I giggled when he started lightly placing his own kisses on ticklish stops on my neck.