"Do you think she's in heat?" He slowly asked and I shook my head.

"No, we haven't even known each other for very long. That's impossible." I shook my head and tried to calm Devina down.

"Alpha I don't know. I don't know what's happening." My heart dropped and I nodded.

"Okay." And with that, I hung up the phone. This was all on me now. I stood us both up and walked her to the water. "Sunshine wake up." Her eyes barely opened and I smiled. "There you go. Now I'm gonna walk us into the water okay?" I asked and her eyes closed again. "No no, come on stay with me now." I pulled her into the freezing water and dunked her underwater. I pulled her back up and her eyes shot open. "Good girl. Come on." She coughed up some water as I felt her forehead again.

"I'm sorry." She croaked out and I just shook my head.

"Tell me what you're feeling," I demanded and she just looked at the ocean.

"Please get me out of here." She panicked. "Please take me to the beach, Zane!" She yelled when I didn't move.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I carried her to the shore.

"Just get out of here!" She screamed making me flinch. Once we were on the beach, she wiggled out of my arms and backed away a few feet.

"Devina, I'm sorry I-" She shook her head as I tried to take a step forward.

"Just-just stay there please." She said and sucked in a deep breath.

"Tell me what's wrong Sunshine. Please, I want to help you." She gulped and frantically looked around.

"I feel weird Zane. I feel different." She cried and it took all the restraint I had not to run up to her and comfort her. "Something's n-not right." She begged me with those blue eyes of hers.

"I'll help you I'll-" She shook her head again and took another step back.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and turned on her heel, running up the beach and into the woods. I immediately followed her up the hill and into the trees.

"Devina!" I yelled when I didn't see or hear her. "Devina! Please just come back!" My heart was pounding as I rushed through the trees. "Sunshine!" I tried again, but now I couldn't smell her. I couldn't feel her. I fell to my knees and rested my head in my hands. "Please."

~Devina's POV~

I ran through the trees as fast as I could. My surroundings were blurring together into one big green and brown blob. I couldn't hear Zane's cries for me to come back anymore, which helped me push harder. After what felt like a few minutes, I saw the sun start to rise. I frowned and slowed down to a stop. Was it already morning? I fell to the dirt ground and caught my breath. Once I felt better, I slowly got to my feet and started walking. As the trees and bushes started to thin out, the sound of water got louder and louder. Water. I smiled and walked towards the sound. Eventually, the trees cleared and they revealed a small stream. I smiled and ran to the bank. Culling my hands together, I dipped them into the water and brought it up to my lips.

"You shouldn't just drink water like that." A voice warned and I quickly turned around. "You should filter it."

"Who are you?" I asked and took a step back.

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied and slung the shot gun off of his bare shoulder and aimed it at me.

"I'm Devina," I answered and he rolled his eyes.

"And why are you here?" I looked around and furrowed my brows.

"Where exactly is here?" I asked and he slowly took the gun away from me.