Chapter 21

I take another step as I wind up ready to swing.

I'll slice their heads off, then I will be able to grab my magic.

The aunts move a little.

Are they almost done on earth? I have to move fast.

But...

If they're almost done, then is Kubo dying out there?!

I use all my strength and swing as hard as I can.

I end up slicing both their heads in one swipe, as if they were made of clouds.

Their bodies seem to grow more opaque, as their heads float back to their bodies.

Once their heads are on, they turn to face me in the creepiest way imaginable.

I bring my sword up and swing again, but with only two fingers, one aunt stops the sword as if it was nothing.

I try to get the sword back so I can swing again but I can't move it. Her grip is amazingly strong for two fingers.

I kick her arm which moves it just a tad, and I can move the sword out just a bit.

The other aunt gets up and charges as me.

I kick the one holding my sword again and she finally releases it, and I swing the sword at the other aunt charging at me and I hit her head.

The edge of my sword went through a bit of her head, and sits in there like an axe sits in a log of wood then you pierce it.

I she doesn't scream. But when I try to pull out the sword before either of them attack again, I and up cracking a mask while pulling out the sword.

She screams at that.

Is her magic in her mask?

I swing at their faces and I manage to hit one. She screams as I hit her nose. I kick the other as she tries to attack me from behind.

I swig behind me and his an aunt's face.

She screams. I then swipe from up to down over her face from the side. Her mask is sliced off with her nose.

I pick up the mask and her nose falls out.

I shudder at the sight of that.

The aunt I just pulled the mask off starts to charge at me.

I slam the mask on the Cronus and it cracks a bit.

I then stomp my foot over the mask breaking it.

The aunt seems to shrivel up and then she stops moving.

The other aunt comes for me and I attempt to do the same process.

But she blocks most of my attacks.

She blasts me with a wave of magic and I crash into the motionless aunt.

Her hands fall to the ground after I crash into her.

She turned into a statue?!

Her hands shattered onto the ground around me.

The moving aunt charges at me and I move me head away and her magic ends up shattering the stone aunt completely.

The aunt glares at me and the charges at me with her hands glowing with magic.

I move to the side just before she hits me and I swipe my sword down. I slice her mask off her face and then I slam it onto the ground shattering it.

Both the aunts magic rise out of the shattered masks and combine into one ball of sparkles.

I run over to my magic and I simply touch it. I feel all of the magic coming back inside me.

My orb disappears and the aunts floats off into the distance.

I ignore it and press the pendant around my neck and then I suddenly see myself at the god of the spirits palace.

"Your fight isn't over yet." The god says.

"What?"

I start, but then my vision goes white.

Once it dims down, I see myself lying on the ground. I take a huge gasp of air and pant heavily. My heart pounds as if I had just held my breath for hours.

I slowly sit up, and I see Kubo lying motionless on the ground near me.

"Kubo!"

I get up and run to him. I sit him up but his limbs and head still hang down to the ground.

I put my ear near his mouth to hear for breathing.

Nothing.

"K-Kubo..."

Tears start to fill my vision.

He died fighting... no... No...

"NO! NO NO NO!!!"

I hug him close to me.

My tears start to fall. Then my crying is interrupted by something appearing near me.

I turn to see the god of fate appear in a cloud of smoke. Once the smoke clears, I can see his terrifying glare.

"I'm not usually tricked. I knew you were going to fight against them. I just didn't expect you to win. A portion of my magic was within them! Now my brother now has custody over it!"

The god exclaims.

"So, since you took something from me, I'll take something from you! Your magic!" The god screams.

Kubo is already gone... so he couldn't have taken him.

I feel a tear fall at that thought.

"What, crying cause your gonna loose your power?"

I glare at the god and get up and pull out my sword.

"Heh heh, trying to use that puny thing on me?" The god says walking up to me.

He flicks the sword and is breaks into pieces.

"What?"

"Oh, it is the sword 'unbreakable,' but the gods made it, so it has no effect on me." The god says.

I still grip tightly on the hilt. I feel something stir in me.

Anger? Sadness? Adrenaline?

No, it feels different than that.

Looking down at the sword, I see something appear.

The sword is back. Except as glowing (f/c) magic.