Chapter 12

"Wh-what? Wh-who are you two? What happened in here?" The woman asks.

"You were possessed by a spider demon." I tell her.

"And I did all this?" the woman asks.

"Well, we did part of is. We apologize." Kubo says.

"No no no! Don't be sorry! You two saved me! I thought something was a little weird a long while ago, and then my consciousness went dark. That must have been the demon possessing me." The woman says.

"Do you have any idea why it took over you?" I ask.

"Well, I was trusted with something, and maybe the spider wanted it, and thought controlling me was it's way to get it.

"I remember the spider saying something about that. It said 'I know what you're here for, but you can't have it.'" Kubo says.

"Well, then it must have gotten a hold of it. But it thought you were here for it? Do you know what it even is?" The woman asks.

This conversation is a little bit strange, as we are both trying to hide something we each know of.

"I'm not sure. We just came here looking for a kimono to get." Kubo says.

The woman sighed in relief.

"How did you defeat the demon anyway?" the woman asks.

"Well, I used my sword here while Kubo infused his magic with it." I say.

"Magic? Your able to use magic?" The woman asks.

"Um, yeah..." Kubo says shyly. I giggle a bit at this.

"You wouldn't happen to have a symbol on the back of your robe now would you?" She asks.

Kubo turns around and takes off his pouch to reveal the beetle symbol on the back of his red robes.

The woman gives a small gasp in surprise.

"So you were here for that." The whispers to herself.

She tries to get up, so I hold the fabric in front of her cover herself. She turns around and ties on a kimono that was sitting on the floor.

"I know too that you were here for the (L/n) kimono. I was trusted with keeping that safe a long time ago, and was told to give it to the right descendant." The woman says brushing herself off.

"I hope that spider demon didn't get it." The woman says carefully walking to a corner of the room.

She moves a bit of the tatami mats and then goes into a trap door.

"Well, come on." The woman says telling us to come over.

Kubo and I follow her down into the trap door, and down the stairs.

We come across a small box. She picks it up and sighs in relief.

"Good. It's still in here." The woman says.

"Kubo, can you use your magic to open it? It needs one of the two family's magic to open." The woman says.

Kubo nods his head and strums his shamisen.

The lock on the box falls to the ground and the woman opens the box. She hands me an orange and blue kimono. It is orange at the top, but fades into blue. There are white spots covering the kimono as well.

Also with it is a light pink peach colored obi.

On the back of the robes is a butterfly symbol.