Chapter 16 ~ Master Bedroom

"Please, can we move me into the bedroom?" Vincent begs. Samantha paces across the floorboards. She purses her lips together in an attempt to not snap at Vincent; Samantha pauses, spinning towards him.

"You know what?" she sighs, "fine." Vincent lights up with excitement, "(Y/n) will you help me?" Samantha asks.

"Of course!" I reply, getting up, out of my chair. I lean forwards and push myself up.

"Okay so first, let's try to get you sitting up," Samantha suggests. She motions for me to assist Vincent's left side. I quickly glide to Vincent and place my hand across his back, providing him support. Samantha and I start helping to lift Vincent up. Contrary to my expectation, Vincent sits up with ease. I glance at him and flash a smile. Vincent returns the favor, showing off a little of his perfect white teeth. As soon as Vincent is sitting up, he speaks.

"Alright, doc. what's next?" Vincent questions sarcastically. Samantha rolls her eyes and sends me an annoyed look. I giggle in response to the situation.

"We will be getting you to stand," Samantha drones on as if she is reading protocol. Vincent begins pressing down on my shoulder for support as he puts weight on his feet. I stumble, attempting to regain balance after the sudden pressure. Within seconds, Vincent is standing. "Walking shouldn't be too hard, given we've gotten you this far. Nevertheless, Dawn and I will be next to you in case you need our help," Samantha ends.

"I'll be fine," He retorts. Vincent slowly limps over to the doorframe and out into the hallway. I retrace his steps, following closely behind. I place my hand at the hem of Vincent's shirt, notifying him of my lingering presence.

"It's like we're at a nursing home," I giggle, "the young girl, helping the old guy around." Vincent huffs, cocking his head to the side and swatting my hand away playfully. I fake a pout, crossing my arms, I try and fixate on the wall paintings scattered along the hallway.

"How adorable," Vincent purrs. A smirk plasters to his face. I start to become flustered and hide my face with my hands. I begin to play with my hair. "Awe, don't hide from me, kitten," Vincent coes. He holds his hand out for me to take. Vincent's long, slender fingers close around mine. His hand felt warm against the cold palm of my hand.

"Kitten?" I ask lazily. I was intoxicated by the warm smell of Vincent mixing with the light, floral smell of Paris. I shivered slightly from the cool apartment air and the cold wooden floors against my bare feet.

"Mhm, it fits you," Vincent's smirk grows. I speed up and walk a few steps ahead to open the door. I place my hand on the silver doorknob. I slowly twist it and push open the beautifully engraved, white doors. A rather loud creak fills the silence. Vincent sighs, accompanying the creaking. A sense of longingness swept past Vincent and I as we step onto the soft carpet of the bedroom.

Vincent trudged over to our bed. He slowly lowers himself down on the side of the bed and sits. I remove some of the pillows left on the bed and place them near the bedside table. I flop onto the bed back first. I yawn and snuggle into the bedsheets.

"How does it fit me?" I question. I prop myself up with my elbows and hang my head back.

"You're cute, playful, sweet, cuddly," Vincent trails off, lost in thought. I smile, closing my eyes. "C'mere kitten," Vincent stares at me. I roll onto my stomach and crawl closer to Vincent. He brings his hand up and holds the side of my face in his hand. "You don't know how much I miss your lips."

"Silly goose," I whisper. I lean in and press my lips against Vincent's, a surge of happiness washes through me. I pull away a little, just to the point where I can feel Vincent's breath. The kiss saunters for a few moments before withering away. My breathing hitches and Vincent pulls me down onto him. I pull away, fearful that I may have hurt Vincent.

"It's fine, calm down," Vincent chuckles. I sigh and lower myself down again. I lay my head down onto Vincent's chest.

"Thump, thump, thump," I say aloud.

"What?" Vincent raises his head, looking for an answer.

"It's your heartbeat," I say. Vincent laughs softly and strokes my hair. I close my eyes and enjoy the feeling of Vincent's fingers running through my hair. He stops suddenly.

"You do realize how much you mean to me right?" Vincent asks. I look up at him, smiling. "You mean the world to me."

"You mean everything to me," I say in response, "quite literally, everything."

"You have no idea what you do to me," Vincent lays his head back and hugs me tightly.

??? P.O.V

How dare she, how dare that little brat thinks she's going to take my place. Vincent is mine. He belongs to me, I'm still here. I'm going get you back my sweet, Vincent, don't you worry. That small pest won't be bothering you for much longer. Just you wait...