Why Do You Prefer Baths Over Showers?

Music I prefer for this chapter - Props & Mayhem by Pierce The Veil

'I kinda like the way you tell me, "Baby, please come home,
I need you here right now,
I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound."

Burst into flames (what do you do when you're out of time?)
Scream in the dark (where do you go when they're right outside?)
I'm gonna light up this place (and how do you scream when there's no one left around?)
(No one left around?)

And I will be the only light
I'll be the only light'

^ my favorite lyrics that go perfect with this chapter

"Y/n?" My head darted up, looking for the voice that called my name. Then I saw him. I smiled, getting up from my spot on the couch. Making my way towards him, I spoke.

"Yes Josh?" Josh smiled, I saw a shimmer of curiosity flash in his eyes.

"Why do you always take baths instead of showers?" My smile faltered but never fell.

"It just feels better. More secure I guess!" I started laughing, Josh laughing along with me.

~Flashback to last night~

I sat down in the bathtub as tears started to fill my bottom lid. My bottom lip trembled as tears fell. I drew in a deep breath and put my head underwater. Tears were swallowed by the luke-warm water that surrounded me. I opened my mouth and let out bubbles full of never-to-be-heard screams. I didn't bother coming up for air, instead I stayed underneath the warm blanket of water. I closed my eyes and let my body go numb. Pretty soon the pain in my chest came. It felt like a fire ignited under my ribcage. I lifted my head, rapidly breathing in the lost air. The void in my chest engulfed the flames, making me once again feel empty. I love him. Believe me, I really do. But the void in my chest just cannot be filled. He doesn't know this. But I really, really want to tell him. The only problem is I know that it'd break him to know his baby girl is in pain. So I'll keep it to myself for now.

~End of Flashback~

"What about bubble baths? Do you ever take those?" I giggled and nodded. Josh chuckled and pulled me into a suffocating hug. I was slightly confused to why he hugged me but ignored the growing feeling of worry inside my gut.

"Baby you don't have to lie." My heartbeat increased.

"I know you hate bubbles!" Josh began laughing as I let out a sigh of relief, my heartbeat going back to somewhat normal pace. The worry in my gut retreated, realizing he wasn't talking about last night/every other night.

"Josh?" Josh let go of me and smiled.

"Yes Y/n?"

"I love you. A lot. I don't want you to forget that. No matter what."

"I won't baby... I love you too."

Ew I updated and it's terrible I'm sorry. The little flashback is actually something I did frequently. Idk, it's stupid I'm sorry.

DM Requests please xox