For a while I just waited, I had a cup of water ready and waiting for her when she opened her eyes.

Eventually I started talking again.

"I have some amazing news for you when you wake up." I placed a hand on her abdomen. "I hope it's a girl this time, we have our boys, I would love a beautiful little girl to spoil like the princess she is. Henry and Liam miss you, I didn't tell them-"

At the mention of her childrens' names, her eyes popped open. I pushed the call button and told the person who answered that Emma had woken up.

"Henry, Liam." She croaked.

"Hush, love. They're safe, so are you. Are you thirsty?" I offered the water. She nodded and I placed the straw in her mouth. She drank like a woman dying of thirst. Had that man even given her food and water?

She looked down and saw the IV in her arm and panicked. She was about to rip it out but I grabbed her hand.

"Love, that's getting the drugs out of your system and giving you medication." I calmly said. She looked at me with wild eyes.

"He forced a needle in my arm." She simply said. That must have been where the man had drugged her at.

"He can't come near you any more. He was shot and arrested." I said, trying to comfort her.

"What's going on here?" The nurse said as she walked in.

"She became scared and was going to take her IV out." I turned to the room's newest resident.

Slowly, Emma moved her hand away, but I continued to hold it.

"How do you feel?" The nursed asked while checking her vitals.

"Better, not in so much pain. And less groggy." Emma answered.

"Good. We have you on pain medication for the minor injuries you sustained. You'll be here for a night for observation, but you can go home tomorrow." She checked the IV bag and seemed satisfied. "Would you like to try to eat something?"

Emma touched a hand to her stomach, seemingly realizing how hungry she was, and answered yes. The nurse said she would bring back a light meal and some juice.

Now it was time to give the good news.

Emma POV:

The last thing I remembered seeing was Killian standing a few feet from me and holding a duffle bag. He kept glancing down to me, he was trying to show the man he was not afraid, but I knew him well enough to see the fear behind the mask.

The bastard had pulled my up by my hair, and in my drug induced state, I was caught off guard and screamed from the sudden pain. Then he dropped me. After looking at Killian I must have blacked out.

I thought I faintly remembered being in his arms and wishing I could call out to him. I wanted him and my boys, I wanted to go home and curl up with all of them.

And then I found myself in a hospital, waking up with my husband next to my bed and him talking to me. I felt so much better, less groggy. He offered me water and it was the most amazing thing I had ever tasted. Then I noticed the needle in my arm.

I started to panic, flashbacks of the crazy man shoving drugs up my arm started to take over and I tried to rip it out, but Killian stopped me and assured me it was there to help me. I came back to my senses and explained myself and why I panicked. He understood and comforted me. That was when the nurse walked in and asked how I was feeling. She took a few notes, checked my vitals, and briefly observed the bags hanging from my IV pole.