Chapter 58:

Emma POV:

Around midday, I guessed, the man came back and put some food and water in the room with me. He was angry that I'd undid the zip tie, but he had his gun so I didn't try anything. He just laughed and said he'd planned to untie my hands anyway. If I starved to death, he couldn't get whatever ransom he wanted.

I wonder who he would call. He wouldn't be stupid enough to ask the police, he must have known how to get in contact with Killian, who would be smart enough to go to David. That way, he could discreetly contact the police.

I ate whatever crap this was that he gave me. I hadn't eaten since breakfast the previous day, and now I was too hungry to think about hesitating. Big mistake. Soon I felt woozy, he had drugged me. I didn't eat any more, but I still passed out not long after eating the few bites that I did.

Killian POV:

It had been almost a full 24 hours since Emma had disappeared. I was a wreck. What if she was never found? Who had her? What was happening to her?

If anyone hurt her and I found out who it was, heads would roll.

David happened to be at my house on his computer when my phone rang. The number was blocked.

I showed him the screen, and he instructed me to have it on speaker and that he would be quiet. So I answered.

"Hello?" I began.

"Killian Jones?" A rough voice greeted me.

"Yes. Who's calling?" I inclined.

"Irrelevant. Do you know where your wife is?"

"Why are you asking about my wife?"

"Because I know you must be missing her, and your sons must be too." I could hear the bloody smirk on his face.

David looked murderous, I clenched my jaw but kept my cool.

"What do you want?"

"One hundred grand, today. Your little whore cost me thousands, she's going to earn it back." He snapped. I almost lost my temper, but I wouldn't jeopardize Emma's safety.

David gestured for me to keep on talking.

"Where?"

The man gave me instructions on where to meet him, meanwhile David had been recording the entire conversation and was writing things down, just to be safe. I was to meet him at a warehouse a few towns over at ten tonight.

After that he hung up. I put my phone down and felt the urge to punch something.

"I'm going to kill him." I proclaimed.

"No, you're not." David said while writing a few more things down. "I am the moment he points a gun at anybody."

Fair enough. But I was still on the verge of blowing up. This man took my wife, was probably hurting her or worse, called her a bloody whore, and had the nerve to demand money. And just how had Emma lost him thousands?

"Give me your phone." David said, holding his hand out.

I handed it over and he explained that he would be taking it to the station to try to trace the phone call.

"I'm coming with you." I said.

"No, you can't walk into the police station. He might have somebody watching you. Then he might do something to Emma." David explained. "Just stay put. I'll keep you updated on every detail through email."

I huffed and crossed my arms. I hated sitting and waiting, but I would also do anything to keep her safe.

David was able to trace the number, it was some middle aged man. He had a few arrests due to assault, but nothing more significant than that. He was about to get more.