Chapter 45:

Killian POV:

Over the next week or so I mentally exhausted myself. I knew Emma, she had a hard time letting me in in the first place. She might run as fast and as far as she can if I propose. So I had to do this right. There was no need for a grand night, but much like the ring, I needed to put thought into it.

So I planned it out. Emma loved Italian food, and there was this incredible place across town. We would go to dinner there, then to the little cafe for a couple of hot chocolates with cinnamon before we take a walk to the docks. One thing I loved about Emma was that we both loved the ocean. Where I really wanted to propose was on the beach at night.

By the time the jeweler called me, I was a mess. I picked it up right after work and examined it.

"This girl, she's going to love it." He said with a smile as he handed me the small box.

"I hope so." I replied and took a look. It was just as I had seen it before, only with a tiny swan and the words My Swan engraved on the inside.

"Thank you very much." I said to the man, paying for the ring. Thank goodness I had a habit of saving money.

The very next night was it. I had arranged for Regina to take Henry for us and I surprised Emma.

"Where's Henry?" She said when she came home, a little bit of panic in her voice. His kidnapping still effected her from time to time.

"He's fine, love." I said, running my hands down her arms in an attempt to comfort her. "I've sent him to Regina's for the night."

"Why?" She furrowed her brow.

"Because you and I are going out." I kissed her forehead.

She beamed.

Emma POV:

I have no idea how the hell he did it. I needed a break, he knew that. I loved being Henry's mother, but I almost never had time to take a breather between work and parenting.

"Go get ready." He sent me on my way. I did as he requested without hesitation.

It took a couple of hours but I was ready to go. I curled my hair, put on a dress I never wore anymore, and applied more makeup than I usually do. Before checking myself one more time, I headed to the living room, slightly jealous that men had to do so little.

I swear his eyes popped out of his head.

"You look beautiful." He took my hand and pulled me to him, kissing me.

Without Henry around, my first thought was to take the opportunity and I kissed back with more force than I meant.

"Easy there, love." He said in a low voice, making it harder for me to pull away. "We'll have time for that later."

He winked and moved his hands below my hips just to tease me. I kissed him one more time.

"Fine, but you owe me." I assured him.

We left the house and drove to a restaurant in town. Somehow, I had never heard of it. How, I had no idea because I loved Italian.