Chapter 16:

Killian POV:

Emma was set, she had a great job and she was signing a three year lease on that house today. I admired her so much for getting everything together for her son, I knew she could do it.

Tonight, I was actually at Liam's. We were having a few drinks and talking about it.

"So," he began, "you two seem to be getting serious."

"I'm just helping her get her son back." I waved it off.

"Killian, I've never seen you so committed to someone. This isn't your son, you and Emma don't even live together. She's got some spell on you."

"I'm happy to help her. I love her." I said.

"Any plans to move in anytime soon?"

"I'll let her take that step when she's ready."

"Why wouldn't you simply ask?"

"Because I sort of messed up once already, I want to let her come to me."

He rolled his eyes. "Do I even want to know what you did?"

"Not really, it just made her wary of me again."

"But she loves you." Liam pointed out.

"Yeah, but she's still hesitant to really commit herself to me."

"Well, brother, just keep doing what you're doing. It seems to be working thus far, she hasn't ran for the hills yet."

This time I rolled my eyes. Liam would never stop picking on me.

Emma POV:

After I signed the lease on that house, I had to wait a week for them to clean it up and make sure any work that needed to be done was taken care of. That week was spent training for my new job, it was fairly simple. And it did feel kind of nice to be helping these people stay out of jail rather than putting them there.

Officer Perez was right, I picked it up quickly. Eight days after I started training, I was looking at an empty office that was now mine. I had finished training so quickly they hadn't even had time to get a new computer in here, so I had to use my laptop for now. The first person I was assigned to was a seventeen year old kid, busted for drugs in school. He reminded me a lot of myself, only I had a problem with theft. The good news was that he never used them, he just dealt them.

At the end of the day, five o clock, I was headed home with no work to follow me. It was nice. And it helped that I came home to a nice, big house. It felt empty for now, but with Henry here it would be better.

I'd already gotten a phone call, the home inspection was a week from tomorrow. Which meant that this weekend I needed to go shopping for furniture for Henry's room. Today was Thursday, so I just had to get through tomorrow and I could get it done.

The next day flew by thankfully, it was easy as could be. Friday's often were, according to the other officers. Tonight I was going to Killian's for dinner. I went home to change first, and then I was off.

"Hello beautiful." He said as he opened the door, embracing me and kissing me. Then he caught sight of what I was wearing, a rather tight pink dress with black heels. I think his eyes popped out of his head.

"Easy, tiger, let's get inside." I warned him. Once inside I removed my jacket and placed it on the rack near the door. I let him lead me inside by the hand.

"No take out tonight," he informed me, "I've decided to cook."

I loved it when he cooked, he was amazing at it.