Glasses

Your POV:

I said in the general manager's office. She wasn't here yet. 

I looked at my phone and sighed. 

"Come on." I mumbled. Sara was finally able to leave the hospital today, but today was the only time the manager was available. 

"Y/N. Sorry to keep you waiting." She walked in. "Congratulations on the baby." She smiled. "What's her name."

"Sara." I said. "The hell is this trade?"

"Wow, you waste no time."

"You've met my mother, so you know where I get it from." 

"Look. We love having you on this squad and we want nothing more than to have you here for a long time. You are a fantastic player. We just couldn't turn down this offer." 

"I had a right to know there was a deal. I had no part in this, I was in a hospital close to dying and you just gave me away. My family started their lives here. My son plays for United's youth team! My other son has so many friends at school and my daughter was just born here." I said. "Now we have to pick everything up and leave all our friends and family behind?" 

"Like I said. We couldn't turn down this deal."

"What are you getting that was so hard to turn down?" I said. 

"Alanna Kennedy and the 2nd overall pick in the next draft." She said.

"Wow." I sighed. "Y'all replaced me with not one but two Aussies. Now you're getting rid of me for an Aussie in exchange." I sat back in the chair. "I thought being Brazilian would be enough." 

"It has nothing to do with that. We needed to strengthen our backline. We believe Alanna can do that." 

"Sonnett ain't good enough now?" She sighed. "I just don't understand why you're getting rid of me for a defender. We need a stronger backline. Ok let's work on that, but getting right of a strong offensive player? What's the point of strengthening the defense if your offense is gonna fall apart?"

"We have Sam and Mal."

"I know that but imagine having Sam, Mal and me. Mal and I play great together. I haven't played with Sam, but I've trained with her and I've been looking forward to being on the same team as her for a while." 

"Your spot on this roster was as risk the minute you told me you were pregnant. Players are never the same once they have a baby."

"You're right." I stood up. "We're better." I opened the door. "See you in Orlando. Bring sunglasses. I might be too bright for you."

Oh shit?! You heading to Orlando?!?! Is this really gonna happen!?! 

Find out in the next update.