I'll Be Home

Your POV:

As the year started to end, so did the last few games of 2023 were wrapping up.

I was the top scorer for the team, even in my short amount of games. They finally stopped calling me "The American."

Cause now they call me "The Brazilian." 

I guess it isn't that bad but I'd rather just be called by my name. AJ's been killing it with the academy. He picked #6, and his jersey says Brian.

He said that our family is together and whole again. 

Morgan and Colton headed to Georgia early for the holidays. I had 1 more game and so did AJ. Then we'd fly out and join them. 

"Mom let's go!" AJ yelled. I was ready for my game but the academy would play first.

I drove to the field and he got ready.

Morgan's POV:

"Welcome to Spurs TV. Today the last game of the year for the Spurs, who are currently top of the league. Y/N Brian leading the way in scoring and in the youth team, her son AJ Brian is following her footsteps."

"We have to remember that AJ has two Olympians and World Cup champions for parents, in Morgan Brian and Y/N Brian."

"The youth team play their last game first, then our women close out 2023 hopefully with 3 points. Next on Spurs TV."

Hope muted the TV as I finished wrapping the present.

"What's that?" She asked.

"A little something for Y/N."

"Is it the divorce papers?" Kling said.

"Who the hell invited you?" Hope turned around.

"It's our annual holiday get together. You're stuck with me for the weekend Solo." She stuck her tongue out.

"I'm gonna rip your tongue out of your mouth and shove it up you a-"

"MOMMY!" Elliot ran and jumped into Hope's arms. "No swear."

I smiled. "Aunty Moe Moe."

"Yeah?"

"Yell at mommy."

I looked at Hope. She gave me that famous Hope Solo resting bitch face. "I'd rather not." 

"Why not?"

"Cause Morgan isn't adorable like you." Hope said. 

Elliot sat down next to Colton and they played with the toys.

"I think its cool that they stream the youth team games too." Kelley walked in.

"Football has grown Kel." 

"That it has. So have our kids." She said. "Maya and Elliot are gonna be 4 in a few months. Julian is 1 now. Y/N's 25. We're gettin old Solo."

"Kelley you're still 5." I said. 

Hope smiled. "Kelley. Everyday single day I look at you, I still see the beautiful freckled woman I fell in love with. 35 has never looked better." 

"AW HOPE!" 

I smiled. "You guys are cute. I'm happy you two ended up together. You knew deserved to be happy, who would've thought you'd find it being together." 

Hope kissed the side of Kelley's head. 

"Things really have changed since 2015." Christen said. "We got older but we haven't changed a bit. We all still talk. Our kids are close. We were never a team. We were always a family."