8

• - Jack's POV - •

Mark was still lying on top of me, kissing me roughly and raking his fingers through my hair.

I had wrapped my arms around his shoulders, and moaned repeatedly against his lips.

This was the absolute worst outcome of any predicament that I had dealt with in my life.

From one-night stands, to a few nights in jail, to drunk fights, and everything in-between...

I never expected this shit to happen.

Despite the pain that I had endured, both physically and mentally from my kidnapper, I actually liked Mark.

I like-liked Mark.

Suddenly, were stunned by what sounded like several heavy rocks being thrown towards the back of the vehicle.

Sadly, it wasn't rocks, but bullets.

A stray bullet penetrated the glass winshield behind us, startling us further and impaling us with the loose shards.

"Oh fuck!" Mark cried out in protest, falling back from his previous position and pulling his underwear up quickly.

He began to search frantically for his pistol in the mess of clothing on the floorboard.

I freed a dirty towel that was stuck underneath the backseat, managing to tie it around my waist to shield myself before I climbed over the console carelessly.

Several enraged voices were calling out profane words, insults, and death threats towards Mark.

I glanced behind us once I was in the safety of the driver's seat, gasping aloud once I noted the discarded gas cans surrounding the vehicle, and a single flickering flame standing out within the crowd of armed gang members.

I turned the key in the ignition repetitively whilst screaming overtop of Mark's persistent use of foul language and frustated outbursts towards me.

I couldn't understand a single word of what Mark was saying.

It didn't matter anyways.

As soon as I heard the engine roar and saw the lights on the console blinking, I pushed my foot down on the gas pedal with force.

It was too late.

A huge flame engulfed the exterior of the vehicle.

"Holy fucking shit! God damn it!" Mark panicked, gripping the supportive bar on the closest door. "Fucking drive!"

We both screamed for what felt like the hundredth time that night as the vehicle plummetted over the cliff that I had accidentally drove us over.

Over all of the loud noises, I could hear my heart beating outside of my chest.

My hands were still locked on the steering wheel uselessly, while the rest of my body was seemingly frozen in place.

Once we started going down, I was flung forward.

My head cracked the windshield lightly, and my torso slammed against the steering wheel at a dangerously high speed.

I was stunned and horrified until I realized that I wasn't actually hurt yet.

A gigantic splash of ocean water suddenly surrounded the vehicle, and we started to sink rapidly.

Mark was knocked out in the backseat, lying between the seats and the floorboards that were starting to fill with liquid.