5

• – No POV – •

That night, the gang attempted to kick back and relax by playing a few games of pool.

Wade was laughing in Ken's face, while Bob struggled to position his cue stick.

Mark was nearby as usual, drinking from a tall bottle of vodka and smoking a cigarette as he watched the hilarity ensue.

Cry and Felix were visibly flirting towards one another upon the leather sofa, while Mary, Minx, and Marzia chattered at a round table behind them.

Meanwhile, Jack was sitting alone.

He couldn't stop worrying about his younger brother.

He couldn't stop thinking about their escape.

But all at once, he couldn't stop thinking about Mark.

He sighed heavily, leaning the side of his body against the wall beside of him and propping his feet up on a nearby shelf.

He was massaging his temples  impatiently as he watched Felix and Cry howl with laughter and converse freely from a distance.

Obviously, Cry was either falling for Felix, or he was already bonded too closely to the Swede. 

Jack shook his head in response to the horrendous thoughts racing through his mind.

Then, he was startled by Mark, who had abruptly stood in front of him, blocking his sight. "Hey, Irish. Can we talk?"

Jack groaned quietly, and forced himself to stand, knowing that he wouldn't have a choice in the long-run. "Why?"

"It's private." Mark mouthed out, glancing around the occupied space speedily beforehand to be sure that no one was eavesdropping.

Then, he grabbed Jack's forearm rather roughly and started leading him past the crowd of thugs and into a secluded room located in the dark corridor.

Jack closed his eyes out of nothing more than agitation and exhaustion once Mark had locked the door behind them.

"Why are you acting so fucking miserable?" The leader questioned promptly, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrows afterwards as he made intimidating eye contact. "Your brother seems to be enjoying himself... Why not you?"

Jack's blue eyes batted open, and he finally responded. "Cry is just trying to be rebellious."

"I don't know. He seems pretty committed to this lifestyle now... And I do think that he's Felix's new flame. Hell, he could be his boyfriend by now." Mark replied, shrugging his shoulders unknowingly as he spoke. "They seem to click. Like two peas in a pod or something."

Jack dragged his fingers through his silky green strands, and continued to shake his head out of disappointment, worry, and confusion. "Whatever. I just want to go home..."

Then, a single tear rolled down Jack's cheek.

Mark furrowed his eyebrows with concern, and confronted Jack at a leisurely pace.

With one swift motion, he wiped the stray tear away with his index finger.

"Everything will be okay, Irish. I know what it feels like to lose everything."