Thirty Five : Hold On

"It's confusing when you can't determine if the signs are for you to give up or just a test to see how long you could hold on"

-Unknown-

***

Odette's P.O.V

Two weeks.

Two weeks before he is gone for two years, only two weeks more to touch him in real life, only two weeks more to hear his voice in front of you.

I don't know why, but I feel sad, and even though I know he will be back, I can't help but feel upset about it. We decide that we would spend these past two weeks together, and give the best of the last moments we have together.

Because calls and messages can never replace the longing to meet someone in real life. Beside, he goes there to study, and let's be honest, a lot of people don't even have any time to just chill and text someone during the daytime. We can only call and message each other during night time, but thanks to the time difference, it can be pretty hard to maintain a good conversation.

But isn't it what makes things between us stronger ? I hate this, I really do, I mean, who wouldn't ?

This is my first serious relationship, and of course, I had a thing with Tobias but it wasn't real. It was never real to begin with.

These past two weeks, we have planned to go on several daily dates and when I told my parents about it, they are a little bit hesitant but then I explain to them about his situation and they understand, because let's be real, they were once young, and even though they met on their adult life, they knew how it felt to be a teenager in love.

And teenagers nowadays are a whole lot more complicated than the 90's teenager, I partly blame society and social media on that.

***

One week and a half has passed, it's only a few more days until his flight to Rio de Janeiro, and I'm still feeling bothered by it.

We have gone to dates and have a lot of fun, but the more dates we went to, the harder it is for me to let him go.

No way, I couldn't possibly turn into one of those clingy girlfriend, could I ? It frightens me to even think about it.

"Are you still bothered by it ?" He says as if he just read through my mind. We are currently on his house, and since Mikaela is sleeping and his mother has gone to Brazil way earlier due to her medical condition and special care, it's just the two of us here and we are basically watching a classic series of "pretty little liars" on Netflix, we are on season 5, almost finishing it, and yes, I am addicted to this series.

"Do you want me to tell you the truth, or the lie ?" I say teasingly as I try to grab the popcorn from his lap.

"The truth, of course" he says not feeling amused by it. Well, I get it, that was a lame joke.

"Yeah, I do" I tell him truthfully and he slowly pulls me closer to him and slowly caress my hair. Believe it or not, he has never done this before and the feeling of his hand touching my hair just brings butterfly to my stomach.

I shouldn't act like this, but I can't help the silly chemical reactions in my body okay, blame it all on my brain.

"Don't worry, I will be back as soon as I can"