One : The Ice Prince

"You know, my mother used to say, a cold heart is a dead heart"

-Blade-

***

Odette's P.O.V

Diego Montero

the well known ice prince of the school.

with his hot temper and cold heart, he shouldn't have anyone near him, but sometimes, when you have a well built muscle on your body and perfect jawline with mesmerizing hazel eyes and perfect dark brown hair that is always styled well, people just seem to turn blind eyes toward your bad attitude.

Even though he is pure latino, he has one of those feature of a greek god, which makes girl drools all over him, except for me. I mean, even some greek gods in the mythology can have so many consorts, so it doesn't seem that strange for him to be surrounded by girls.

However, he is just simply way too much of a lone wolf, he simply wouldn't let anyone get inside his heart and life.

Sometimes i do think that he is a waste of a good looking face, but then again, who am i to judge ? I am just an invisible high school girl nicknamed 'freak'.

Let's just say i don't have time for romance, i have had enough so far.

But righy now, he is stopping his bike right in front of me, wow, how polite.

I am not in the mood for any sort of fight right now, so i try to walk avoiding his bike, and getting noticed by him as well.

But as i am about to walk past him, he purposedly slam his shoulder on mine.

That is extremely rude to a certain degree.

Why can't he just be nice, what sort of wrongdoing have i ever done to him ? I am pretty sure i have never interrupted him in any way whatsoever.

Have you ever had that one moment whem someone is just being a complete asshole towards you for no particular reason ?

I hate one of that moment, really.

He doesn't say anything and just walk in the school, this man is strange, the school is over and he is entering it.

But despite his cold hearted bad boy vibe, he is extremely intelligent. He has always been in top three at school, though he isn't exactly number one academically, he is still seen as one of the smart kid.

And i am here desperately trying to get good grades, and i am willing to study hard for it, but sometimes, life is simply isn't fair.

It's better to simply go home for now, i also have some math homework to do and i need to study for tomorrow's chemistry exam.

***

I open my house door and take off my shoes in front of the door. It's common manner in Asian household to do so, even though my mom is latina, she strongly respects father's decision of inheriting his culture on his family lifestyle, which is fine by me, and it's also another reason why my house is so clean.

The wooden floor and Asian ornaments like bamboo pot and some ceramic statue is displayed as you first get in, along with the framed china porcelain plates for display purpose, and you can smell the scent of cooked rice somewhere.

When we first moved in here, the house smelt like paint and freshly built house, even though we bought it as a whole, we did some renovation and re arranging the construction.

But now after moving here for quite a while, everything just seems okay again.

This doesn't seem so strange anymore, which is fine by me.

And my mom is a very neat woman so she keeps everything in arrangement.

It's just like what they say, there is no place like home.

I walk in to see my little sister, Jacklyn, sitting on the couch holding a bag of chips, i am pretty sure yesterday she said she was on a diet.

"Hi sis, want some ?" She says holding it out to me.

"No thanks, i'm good" i say as i walk past the stairs, before i hear her shouting

"Did you get bullied again ? Man, high school sucks"

My sister is currently in junior high, she is rather a tomboy, she is really good at basketball and people consider her as one of the boys, but unlike me who is good at artistic things like drawing and crafting, she is good at playing music instead.

We share the same slightly tan skin with dark brown hair and eyes, though mine is a slightly lighter colored ones, and my hair is more reddish light than her.

And she has a pretty large group of friends that all seem like pretty good kids instead of one of those wild kids, which makes me feel less worried.

"Yeah, i think i am getting used to it by now" i say honestly.

We aren't the closest of siblings, but we do share one or two secrets and exchange words along with some gossips once in a while.

"But, Odie, you should have-" before she could finish her words, i cut her mid through.

"Lyn, we talked about this, no more talking about that, no more mentioning that, okay ? Do you understand ?"

I twist my neck to see her, as she keeps on fixing her gaze on the tv, watching her favorite show as she munchs on another bag of chips, i have no idea what the show is about, but she is pretty hooked up toward it.

"Sure" that's the only thing she responds with. I sigh as i go slowly into my room.

I open my room to see my lilac themed room. I used to like the color pink and black, but the color pink seems to girly and black seems too goth for a choice of room, so lilac is a good choice, and i don't like the color black that much anymore anyway.

It's not that crowded either, it has some art and craft supplies displayed on the side right beside a wooden vanity with my skincare and haircare products which i am too lazy to put in the shower, a shelf filled with school books, and a single bed besides the wall.

It's pretty comfy here, at least i have my own room, though my sister has one, she doesn't really sleep there much.

I get ready and prepare whatever stuff i need for tomorrow's lesson and do my homework which takes me what seems like forever to be done, and i go take a nice simple shower and head to bed to play games on my laptop or to just simply listen to music, though i do read novels at night once in a while, i don't think i am currently on that mood.

As i lay my head to the pillow and done praying, i just get all sleepy and as always, before bed, i always chant the same wishes again.

Don't let me have a nightmare again.