Twenty Five : Realization

"Do not fall in love with me for I will break your heart long before you realize you were going to break mine"

-Atticus-

***

Diego's P.O.V

I turn on the shower and set it to the cold setting. I let my muscle loose and wet my hair and the the rest of my body .

Today was a pretty tiring day and I have school tomorrow. I might have missed on certain stuff but thankfully, Odette came here today and gave me a note, or else I may have to meet that annoying math teacher myself and get a note.

Odette, now that I think about her, she is actually a really nice girl, sure, her finding my address was a surprise, but then again, I loved the way she didn't really mind my messy house and Mikhaela liked her so she must be a good person. Because Mikhaela usually don't like any of my friends, especially Maya.

I feel like my mind is somewhere else right now, I begin thinking about everything and then all the puzzles just come together.

It takes me a while to realize, that all this time, what I ever need is someone to listen and understand, someone who just wouldn't judge my situation despite knowing my weakness and not take advantage of it.

And somehow, when Odette came earlier, I looked at her, when she looked at my mother, and listened to all of my problems.

For some reason, I could trust her, which made me tell her everything, I don't know why, I barely know her before but after today, she was so close to me, it's as if I've known her for a long time.

and at that time, I feel something inside of me, a certain kind of warmth, and when her lips accidentally met mine, I don't want to let her go, she gave me the warmth that I needed, when I kissed her and she kissed me back, I knew right away that I have feelings for her.

And this time, I don't feel scared to actually feel the love.

Yeah, I think I love Odette.

For the first time in forever, I, Diego Montero, am in love.

And i think it has actually been going on for a while. Perhaps it was when I saw her fighting, I loved her spirit and how she was different from the other girls. She was a fighter and she still is a fighter. She is tough and she even managed to show her skill to me.

She quickly catches my eyes back then, and I tried to deny every single signals, but now I give up.

I want her to be my girlfriend.

But would she love a man like me ? I can't provide her with much right now, I'm still sixteen, and I have a mother to be taken care off.

Well, if it wasn't for my father who actually made our family financially unstable, i would have easily get her, but now, even though we aren't exactly poor, I still need to work for my mom.

I sigh and contemplate about my situation. Suddenly ... I remember something.

Now that I think about it, my abuelo and abuela (grandpa & grandma) are one of the richest people in Mexico.

Our family lost contact with the a long time ago because my father insisted so, they were the parents of my mother and my poor mother actually obeyed my father just like that.