Thirty Three : Together

"It isn't about being at the same school, or the same town, or even the same town. It's about being together. Love is a choice you make"

-Kristin Hannah-

***

Odette's P.O.V

For some reason, five days fly by so quickly, I can't believe that right now I am back at my own home, and it's scary how fast time has flown by. Diego and I really spent our days well at the mountain, we did lots of fun things together, talk together, and just had an amazing time.

The rest of the summer vacation is going to be enjoyable, after all, I get to meet Diego more often, not as friends at school, but as an almost mature couple. Almost.

I am laying on my bed because I am super exhausted, I just got back from the mountain yesterday, had a day hibernation, a.k.a twelve hours of sleep plus some random naps during the day, and lots of snacks, because I couldn't just eat whatever I want in the mountain. You would say, it's payback time.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates and I see a new text message from Diego. I grab my phone and unlock it, then read the message.

Diego : "Hey, OD, I was wondering if you want to hang with me tomorrow"

Odette : "What with the sudden request ?"

Diego : "I want to see you"

Odette : "That cannot be all, I can see through you from behind the screen"

Diego : "Fine, I have something to tell you, if you are not too tired, that is"

Odette : "No, it's okay, I'll go"

Diego : "I'll pick you up at 10. A.M then, see you tomorrow, OD"

Odette : "Okay, Good Night"

Diego : "Good Night and Sweet Dream (you will need it) :)"

I close my phone and sigh on my bed. I seriously feel really happy right now, but inside my heart, there is this one particular feeling that makes me feel a bit worried.

Some people say, if you are happy all the time, a great sadness will come. And I'm afraid that after this happiness, comes sadness.

Gosh, maybe I think too much.

***

I wake up today and I remember that today I have a date, and that is the reason why I wake up at seven P.M on a summer vacation because the excitement just make me more awake. I get up from my bed which is the hardest part, and go to take a shower.

I prefer to wear something comfortable for today. So I just get my pastel blue t shirt and white shorts, because it feels just like me, a girl who never bothers to get dressed up.

I go downstairs and grab some breakfast. I greet my parents, and my dad just finished his breakfast while my mom is baking something on the kitchen. My sister is still asleep in her room so I don't even bother asking about her whereabouts.

"You are going with Diego again today ?" My mother asks me and I nod.

"You really like that boy do you ?" My mom approaches the dining table with a plate of fresh granola bowl with almond milk on it, my favorite kind of healthy breakfast.

I chuckle and puts my hands on my cheek, I look at my mom and giggle. I usually never giggle before, weird.

"I don't know, we just started this relationship after all"

My mom holds my shoulders and my eyes meet hers, she smiles at me and proudly speaks.

"No matter what you do or who you choose, I believe that you know what is best for you, you are already grown up now, so I think it will be fair to let you handle things on your own"

I smile back at my mom and gives her a big hug. I'm not going to lie, she is like one of the best mother I could ever have.

"Thanks mom" I say and my dad looks at me, and even though he isn't much of a big talker, he opens his mouth to speak to me.

"Remember, if that boy messes with you, punch him in the face"

Those words sounds so funny coming from him, and I go to hug my dad.

"Thanks, dad"

I sit down to get my meal and not going to lie, some people think that granola is boring, but for me, granola is like one of the best thing you can have for breakfast.

After I'm done with my meal, my father left for his work, and yes, he works even on summer time like this, while my mother just goes to her work room to sort out her job.

To fill the time, I just go and read some of cliche romance novels, because even if my taste is more of a tomboy, cliche romance novel always amuses me in a good way.

Soon enough, there is a sound of a bike from the outside and that is when I know that he is here. I take a spare key and put it in my little bag and head outside to meet him on his bike.

He smiles at me and I smile back at him.

"Hey, you're ready ?" I nod and makes my way on his bike. He hands me a helmet and I wear it.

"Where are we going ?" I ask him, and he shakes his head.

"I don't know, I think we will just ride this bike around the town, how does that sound ?"

I nod my head. This is actually pretty exciting. I have never done something like that before.

The bike starts to drive and we literally drive all around the town. It's actually pretty refreshing to just wander around without a direction to go. The wind just blows and everything seems kind of perfect. Yes, we look like one of those bike couple, but who cares what people think of us ?

Sometimes we stop at shops to get something to eat. And right now we are stopping to get an ice cream from an ice cream parlor at the park. I sit down in the bench and he stands up as he faces me.

"What ice cream flavor do you want ?" He asks me and I choose chocolate.

"Okay, two chocolates then" he says as he walks to the ice cream stand and he purchased two chocolate ice cream, one for me and one for him. He returns with those in his hands and he hands me one of the ice cream.

"Here you go"  he says as he sits down as well.

"Hey, Diego, yesterday, you said you have something that you want to tell me, why don't you just tell me that now ?"

His expression drops all of a sudden, and then he gives me a bitter smile as he reaches my hand.

"Actually, I won't be here anymore after summer vacation"

What ?

What did he just say ?