Chapter 29

In those ten minutes I am panicking while pacing and mentally trying to get my words together.

So when I hear a bang at the door I nearly jump out my skin.

'Okay Eren, all I have to do is figure out how to tell Levi I'm pregnant. It can't be that hard.'

Is the lie I tell myself as I walk to my doom and open the door.

"Hey," Is the only verbal thing that comes to mind to say when I see Levi's face.

Nothing else.

My mind is utterly blank, I have no idea how or what to say in this type of situation and small talk isn't an option right now.

The silence is awkward in the air until Levi destroys it.

"So, are you going to let me in or are we talking outside?"

"Inside!"

"Okay...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we walk to the living room in utter silence I have to try to think of a way to overcome it.

It isn't until we sit down that I realize my time is up.

"So what exactly is it you wanted to say?"

In an attempt to scramble my head for something to say I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind "How are you?"

"You got me over here to ask how I am?"

There is no humor in his tone but instead it's a monotone voice that causes me to tremble in fear in my seat for the conversation that's to come.

It's no surprise when I sound as weak and vulnerable as I feel.

"No, that's not what I called you over for. I actually have something important to say. Ummm I'm... I'm... I'm, uh-"

By the third 'I'm' Levi's eyebrows are knitted in confusion.

"You're what?"

God why is it so hard to say two words?

"I'm um..."

At this point I'm on the verge of combusting because I can't spit it out.

"Seriously, Eren what's wrong? First you're acting weird and now this. Just tell me."

Two inescapable words feel like they can be released when I hear his velvet voice say, "Just tell me."

"Levi, I'm pregnant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The look on his face is expressionless but quickly twists into something unknown, it's as if I told him the sky is blue and green.

Minutes pass as he refrains himself from talking. He's like a statue until I see his hands intertwine together and he looks at me.

He stares at me forever until he finally opens his mouth to say what's on his mind.

"Do you want to abort it?"

Abort?

"I know this is all sudden on you and that it's probably hard to take, but I leave the decision to you."

Decision.

"I won't force my opinion onto you, I'll love you either way."

Force.

Of all the things Levi said these three words stick out the most and they don't rub me the right way.

Why would his first thought be to abort!?