Chapter 28

"Hello?"

"Um hi."

Damnit! Why did I answer!? I could've just hung up or acted like I wasn't there.

"Eren!!"

The sudden call of my name quickly snaps me out of my thought and puts me back into reality with a reply of 'huh'.

"I've been calling your name three times in a row and you didn't answer. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I laugh at the end hoping I'm playing this off cool and that he doesn't question any further but I don't know if I'm doing good.

Earlier with Mikasa I failed horribly but I think if I didn't vomit I'd have been in the clear.

"Okay, well I was calling to check up on you since you didn't call and to see if you were free this Sunday."

It's obvious to see, even without emphasis on the word 'you', that he's feeling a type of way but I bypass that and only hear the part after.

I answer with a defensive "No!" and quickly regret it.

The sound of my voice even to me sounds too suspicious and far-fetched.

"Okay, well I'll come by later then today."

Once again "No" pops out of my mouth by instinct and I know that I've lost all of my three lives of surviving this phone call.

"Okay, seriously Eren, what's up?" There's a hint of agitation and confusion mixed in with a lot of tension in his voice and it makes me want to crawl into a hole.

But I still don't want to break so I tell him something that will keep him away.

"I need space Levi, school plus work are killing me and stressing over it is tiresome, the last thing I want to do is leave the house at the moment."

I know that with this it'll most likely push him away but right now space is exactly what I need.

So when an exasperated reply of okay is given and the end button is pressed on his end I know I've succeeded in my goal.

Even though I did succeed I don't feel good about it at all and instead feel upset.

I messed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days have gone by and I still haven't heard from Levi and I haven't called out of fear.

It's obvious to say that it's my fault and I need to call but every time I pick up the phone to call I can't.

During that time though I've noticed two changes. One being that my stomach has gotten slightly slightly rounded and two, that I can now eat certain things.

But aside from that I'm normal if you ignore the vomiting part.

As for school and work they have been making me so exhausted that when I get home I just eat and go to sleep.

It's becoming a habit to sleep whenever I get the chance which is kind of bad considering I have things I need to complete.

The major one being explaining things to Levi.

Throughout the time of our separation I've realized that I was an ass, I have nothing to fear, and lastly Mikasa was right.

The last one kills me the most and I get a bitter taste in my mouth whenever I think about it.

It always hurts to know that she was right.

However, she was and I need to get to calling or else I might possibly end something that I care about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It isn't until the night of the third day I've gained a little confidence and force myself to call.

Yet, whenever the ringing increases I start to feel a little hurt.

I might've actually done something that I didn't mean to and I don't know if I can fix it.

By the fourth call I've started to give up hope and am about to think of something to do until I get a call back.

I question for a second about picking it up but I do by the second ring.

"Hello."

"Yes."

The fact he didn't say hi back and said yes as if I was bothering hurt a little but I shake it off given the fact that I messed up.

"Look, I'm sorry for what happened, I was going through something and completely ignored the fact that you were only concerned for me. I was an ass and at the time I d..."

I stop midway of my apology when I hear a small laugh that's almost isn't audible.

"What's funny!?"

I note that my voice is filled with a small amount of irritation.

"I don't know if you know or not but you were going 200 miles per hour with your words."

"Oh." I truly didn't realize that I was going that fast but I'm glad that I got him to ease up a tiny bit.

"Yes, but please continue."

"Actually if possible I'd like to continue this conversation face to face."

I mean for this to come out more confident than it does but it doesn't.

It sounds instead as if I'm testing the waters.

"Give me 10 minutes."

Gawd help me!! I really need a break but it's like the words are coming to me ~urghhhhhh~

Oh yea, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter cause next chapter will be a little of a bumpy ride •3•

So prepare yourself before reading is all I'm going to say!!

Thank chu for reading this chapter and please vote and comment~